Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change Kmh To Mph

Cirene

Hi All,

I have got a problem, I would like to import my Italian toyota yaris to the UK and to do so it is required to change the speedometer to kmh to mph. My Yaris is from 2010 and it has got digital speedometer. I tried to ask either at the Italian Toyota and English toyota companies, however both told me it was not possible to do it, and to change the speedometer completely (a part from the huge cost they told me) it was probably not even possible as the seating is at the opposite side for the English speedometer (facing opposite direction). Also I have read in some forums that it was possible to do it pressing on the buttons for few seconds while engine is stopped and light on but it did not work.

Have you got any suggestion?

Is anyone able to help?

Thank you so much to everybody!

:D

Are you sure you need to change it?

I recall that all you need is an indication of your speed.

thanks for your interest!

From what I know, for the English law, if you want to import a car you need one miles speedometer.

In addition, all the others speedometers have to turn them off.

Is it correct?

Thank you very much!

If it's the digital dash, the dial overlays won't be any help (And smeg, £45?!?!!? I'd rather draw them on with my CD marker! :lol:)

On the Mk1 , you could change the display between MPh and KPH by holding down the ODO/TRIP button in the dash tunnel.

I believe this works on the Mk2 as well.

This thread my also be useful?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/84022-yaris-2008-change-mph-to-kph/

I don't have it to hand but I thought I saw a procedure to change this in the handbook for our Mk2 (08). Something like Cyker says above. (You can also change the behaviour of the dash brightness with lights on by using the buttons in a special way.)

If it's the digital dash, the dial overlays won't be any help (And smeg, £45?!?!!? I'd rather draw them on with my CD marker! :lol:)

On the Mk1 , you could change the display between MPh and KPH by holding down the ODO/TRIP button in the dash tunnel.

I believe this works on the Mk2 as well.

This thread my also be useful?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/84022-yaris-2008-change-mph-to-kph/

Thank you Cyker,

I tried the procedure:

To change from kmh to mph or vice versa you push the trip meter reset button for more than one second when the odometer is displayed and the headlights/tail lights OFF

But nothing happen... :(

I don't know what else to do...

Thank you

I don't have it to hand but I thought I saw a procedure to change this in the handbook for our Mk2 (08). Something like Cyker says above. (You can also change the behaviour of the dash brightness with lights on by using the buttons in a special way.)

I wasn't able to find it where it talk about that in my handbook. Under which section is described?

Thank you very much

The function to switch the Speedo from MPH to KPH was a RHD UK only feature it was not present on LHD models

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

It can be done by changing the kph data in the clocks for a MPF data set. if it doesn't work on the buttons.

• 6 years later...

I couldn't change it either. Here is a lifehack I did:
Convert your necessary speed limits with something like this: https://oneconvert.com/unit-converters/speed-converter/kph-to-mph
Write them down on white tape and place them on or near your speedometer.
Seeing them every day will make you get used to both.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links