Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost My Alloy Wheel Locking Nut Key

jonso

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me or had the same issue. I have a 5 door rav4 2001 and wanted to get some brake work done but I can't find the locking nut key. I have the box with code sticker so I thought great just phone Toyota and get a new key. Phoned them up and gave them the details and all seemed fine, was told to wait about a week and £20 plus vat.

Got a call back a couple of days later, basically they couldn't do it with the code I gave them and i had to take a picture of locking nut and give it to them. They said my code was unrecognised as it was four numbers.

I just called another dealer and after I gave the guy in the parts department the code he also said it wasn't right as it was meant to be 3 numbers not 4.

anyone else experience this?

Thanks. I sent an email to McGard.de, hope they can help. My mechanic says the only way to remove these type of locking nuts is brute force or getting proper duplicates. He tried different methods and including universal type but couldn't do it.

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone can help me or had the same issue. I have a 5 door rav4 2001 and wanted to get some brake work done but I can't find the locking nut key. I have the box with code sticker so I thought great just phone Toyota and get a new key. Phoned them up and gave them the details and all seemed fine, was told to wait about a week and £20 plus vat.

Got a call back a couple of days later, basically they couldn't do it with the code I gave them and i had to take a picture of locking nut and give it to them. They said my code was unrecognised as it was four numbers.

I just called another dealer and after I gave the guy in the parts department the code he also said it wasn't right as it was meant to be 3 numbers not 4.

anyone else experience this?

Mine is a 4 digit code on the bit of paper.

I rang Toyota once and they said they can drill out the old lock nuts (if no key) and replace with new normal nuts £65 inclusive!

Pricey - but its another option...

I have a universal for this type of locking nut works every time, try a decent garage

Just a quickie the key code number is THREE DIGITS

Just a quickie the key code number is THREE DIGITS

So why is my key code 4612 then? I bought the car new and that is on the stuck on label on the bit of paper in a toyota box with the other bits.

Not sure why you have four I have checked mine and a couple of mates who have older Toyota's and all three are three digits, I can't see why Toyota can't help if you have the code, maybe because it's an older Toyota they can't be bothered, try another dealer if you have four digits, but mine is three and two others three, hopefully someone on here can help...or try the socket method grind a 10mm socket down and bang it in,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links