Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1349 Help Please.

Toy oh car

I know what this code could be.

I just want to know if anyone has fixed it and how.

Posters with the problem don't report back to say what fixed it.

I'm working on the car this weekend so any tips or success stories or links to them would be appreciated.

I have searched a lot and cant find confirmed fixes.

Another post with my symptoms if it helps.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/165633-t25-jerkyness-when-cold/

Is the Avensis T25 1.8 VVTI 1ZZ FE just a pain in the wallet.

Should I just cut my losses and sell it?

Any advice please?

Hi

This code is triggered then then the valve timing is not changing. Then was the last time you changed oil or checked the oil level. Old and dirty oil is much thicker in cold temp. so the oil pressure is lower.

Oil level is good and oil is newish.

It looks like the oil filter has not been changed.

Will do it tomorrow, engine flush, new filters all round,spark plugs and clean oil control valve filter/mesh that also throws this code.

Thanks.

This may also assist. The valves themselves may be gummed up - not just the filter

• Like 1

I'm going to check the OCV filter first, if that is blocked with sludge I will clean the OCV.

Thanks for reply :thumbsup:

The solenoid casing is very delicate on these. Make sure the wiring is disconnected before getting the spanners out. I ripped the clip off the unit when a wrench slipped. Very expensive mistake......

• Like 1

Worked on the car at the weekend.

The light hasn't come back on yet, touch wood.

The car was supposedly serviced twice in 3000 miles.

I used STP oil flush and ran the engine at 2000 rpm for 25 minutes then idle for 20 and power off soak for 15.

If you haven't used a flush for a long time or ever, the longer you leave it in the less chance of getting a clot blockage as the flush turns congealed oil back to liquid.(read the instructions)

The oil colour was not that bad on the dip stick before the flush but the last litre of oil that drained was like mud.

Anyway I then took the OCV filter out and the Oil control valve but they looked like they had been in a dish washer(clean as a whistle and moved freely).

I let the oil drain for about 5 hours on a slight back tilt.

Changed oil(fully synthetic 5w 30 never semi synth), oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, cleaned throttle body and air box, filled up with Esso premium+ for the injectors.

Now she runs much better when cold and warm :)

So to summarise the 1zzfe t25 vvti is prone to oil blocking up the piston drains ect.

A good flush should help remove clots and premium fuel also helps clean the whole system.

I will never let the oil go below max on the dip stick to keep things cooler. (slight over fill ok?)

Will change the oil every 6000 miles instead of 10000 as this engine is fussy and the oil filter is tiny.

This info is a combination of TOC forums, mechanics advise and common sense hope this helps someone.

A slight overfill should be OK assuming that it hasn't already had the remedial parts for the oil burning issue (iirc 1 of the fixes was a differently marked dipstick).

see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/138146-what-causes-high-oil-use-on-18vvti/#entry1223985

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links