Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tsc And Vsc Lights - 02 T Sport

Rasmalai

Hi

I have a 2002 1.8 Corolla T Sport and the TSC and VSC lights are illuminated and I cannot turn them off. The traction control button doesn't do anything and I'm not sure what the issue is. The car runs fine and there are no other lights on.

Could someone help me on what the issue could be?

Thanks

The those lights will have created and stored an Error code in the ECU, so if you go to a garage and have them read out they should point to whats wrong. ( sometimes free or just a few pounds for a 10 min job)

By disconnecting the Battery it might clear the lights from the dash and perhaps its just a once only error, however it will also wipe any error codes stored in the ECU, so best to get it read first; a code reader can normally clear /reset the dash lights.

Just an update, I used an OBD reader and didn't get any codes so going to try take the Battery out and see if that does anything.

You need an OBD reader like Launch CPR129 that can read ABS/TRC/VSC codes. Mine can reset and calibrate steering and EPB too.

If the TRC/VSC lights are on all the time, then there is a fault. Reset the lights may not work as the fault will make them light again.

You need to get somebody with a more advanced reader like mine, to find the cause.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just an update if anybody has the same issue. The light has now turned off and the traction control system is fully functioning. All i did was take out a broken fog light bulb and after 5mins on the next startup the light went off. Then started again after a couple days and its still off so luckily nothing massive.

Thanks