Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument Lights On Dash

Makedo

Can anyone help please.

I have a T180 58 plate, a very nice comfortable car but when driving in the dark, on my car at least, there seems to be a noticeable lack of lights on the switches for things like windows, door mirror adjusting switches, air vents to name but a few.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal as I cannot find anywhere whether they should be lit up or not. If they should be can anyone suggest where I look to fix them.

Many Thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

Can you confirm if your car is a T25 or a T27?

yes, but a T25 Avensis (Mk2) or a T27 (Mk3)? 2009 was the changeover so from your description it could be either.

Just checked my T27 TR Tourer which is the Mk3 for the uninitiated, all the control buttons on the dash (including the buttons near the pedals), the heater controls and the window controls in the doors all illuminate.

The vents are just printed symbols on solid sections.

So if they have blown, it will be a little fiddly to access and change bulbs, plus they can be pricey from Toyota if they are the tiny versions.

Sorry did not realise. Don't know the number but it is the old rounded shape before the current shaped models came out

Didnt know they did a t180 in t27...

Anyways my 2004 window swich lights are not very bright.

To make the dash light brighter press the odometer button until you get lines something likes _ _ _ _ _ hold down to change. The more tabs the brighter the dash.

Didnt know they did a t180 in t27...

there certainly were 177bhp versions of the T27 2.2 D4D in the UK early in the changeover but they were discontinued quite quickly here whilst still being available in e.g. Germany. I can't remember if they were badged/marketed as T180s though (edit: just had a look at 2009 brochure - available on T4 & T Spirit so guess not a separate T180 trim).

Mind you, Paul's profile has his car as a T180 Spirit which I am fairly sure never existed as a trim level ...

I can't remember if those mirror & window switches were illuminated on my T25, I know that they are on my T27 (but not very brightly, I tend to keep my dash pretty dim at night so possibly linked).

• 6 years later...