Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

***** When Letting Off Throttle

DeclanCorollaD-4D

Hi all,

Having just replaced an injector, filler pipe and other bits on my corolla I've decided I don't like the way the car jerks when I roll off the throttle after revving to 3000 or so in 1st, it makes the change from first to second really rough after pulling off quickly from a standstill then changing up, no issues in other gears really.

I was wondering if having the egr disconnected could cause this at all? Maybe it should open when letting of the throttle meaning the engine doesn't get a complete fuel cut which I assume is what's causing the 'hitting a brick wall' feeling.

Thanks in advance for shedding any light.

Declan

I seem to recall my brother's old Corolla 2.0D4D did the same thing; I just adjusted my driving style a bit, mainly not lifting off the accelerator suddenly or fully just before changing gear. I never found out whether it was normal thing or not tho' :lol:

Ahh Cheers Cyker glad to hear its not just mine.

Not much of an issue as you say, just requires you to drive a little differently. But i'm the kind of person that needs to fix something just because its there haha.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links