Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Replacement/upgrade

steve_lj

Car is in having 2.2kw starter motor fitted and i'm just in process of sourcing new Battery to try and cure hot starting problems. Have seen on a couple of other threads that a Varta G7 95ah 830CCA would be a suitable replacement. I've checked the dimensions of the Varta and it looks way too big to fit the space available - also positive terminal is on R/H side but current Battery has positive on L/H side.

Can anyone who has fitted a replacement/upgraged Battery give any advice/tips on changing it ?

ie did you have to make any modifications etc or was it just a tight fit.

Can anyone suggest a high ah/high CCA alternative other that the Varta.

Thanks in advance

steve

Hi Steve,

If you go for the varta option then you will need the G8 and not the G7 because as you have spotted the positive is on the wrong side,

I have the G8 fitted to mine and it is the largest size Battery that will fit the tray, its been on there for 3 years now and has been fine.

best regards colin

Thanks Colin - did the G8 fit into the tray without any mods as it seems with the measurements of the tray/available space its

going to be a REALLY tight fit.

cheers

steve

Hi Steve,

Yes it fits without any mods. I bought the G7 initially and it will fit as well but you have to stretch the cables across, then the Battery went on the wife's freelander so I stuck the G7 on that and bought the better fitting G8 for the rav.

hope it sorts your problems.

best regards colin

Ive got a Varta G8 fitted as well. As graunch says it does fit and I think it's a significant improvement over the original spec. Out of interest where did you source your 2.2kw starter from Steve?

Hi Andy - starter sourced from eurocarparts (Part No.: 402820761). Lucas LRS01591

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links