Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T10 Side Light Bulbs - Recommendations For Types Of Led

BigLiam

I'd like to replace the side light bulbs a very bright led.

Have any of you found a good one?

I'm reluctant to play roulette with the endless types on eBay.

I bought some a few years ago for an old car and they all died within a few weeks.

I don't mind paying a bit more for something that will last and is good quality.

Any help of advice is much appreciated

Thanks

Liam

I have to say i have tried a fair few clusters over this last year. All have either died completely or a row or individual LEDs have died. It has to be said that i have measured the Battery voltage whilst in its charging cycle and found it at 14.2v. Depending how close to the wind these manufacturers want to sail. I have found the ones with 5-9 LED's hold out. This may not be bright enough for you Liam

David

Ok, Thanks for the help David.

I might just stick with the normal bulbs then.

On another note I have just discovered a brand of torch called "led lenser" and will not be buying any more cheap eBay torches again!

The build quality is fantastic

LED Lenser are brilliant torches, the little keyring one that takes 3 button cell batteries has amazing output for its size.

• 1 month later...

I bought these for my sidelights, they give a pleasant pure white light with no hint of blue at all which I really like. These have lasted forever and I have had no issues with bulbs purchased years and years ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160972015110?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

As for the licence plate lights, I'd go with these as anything brighter reflects off the licence plate and makes it impossible to read.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-T10-LED-W5W-Xenon-White-Wedge-HID-Side-Lights-Position-Car-Bike-Parking-Bulbs-/160909882162?hash=item2576f9f332:g:akgAAOxyYSdTE7jT

Gotta agree with you guys on the LED Lenser torches, I use a P3 myself and the focus system is pretty awesome!