Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Brake Discs & Pads Replacement Cost ?!

Lustral

Just taken my Yaris in for the 4th Year Service in a Snows Toyota Dealer , i enquired about the cost of replacing the front brake discs and pads as they was reported to be low on the last years MOT , they quoted me £229 !?

Seems quite a bit expensive for a small car , i was expecting £150 ish tops , but £229 ! Is this reasonable for a Toyota Dealer or am I getting mugged off ? I said I will think about it as the car is due for a MOT come March anyways and I'm sure the brakes will last until then.

I remember being quoted approx. £150 for parts from Toyota for a Yaris - several years ago. Add labour and £229 is feasible.

(I ended up buying non OEM parts (and getting hassle from wrong sizes which was quickly fixed).

If you want cheaper, non OEM parts and a local garage - who are competent - could probably do it for c £150.

Your choice.. Try another Toyota dealer first (we have three in a 15 mile radius which helps)

Thanks for the information , i will confront them when my car is due for the MOT in March.

Car is now Serviced with the Full + and brake fluid replaced apparently. Also the have replaced the front tyres with ones that i have supplied , Total cost :- £324 ... ouch just before Xmas and all.

I know what you mean, sometimes I really wish I'd waited until the summer before buying mine so all the MOT and Tax and Servicing didn't happen just before xmas :lol:

Toyota will always be more expensive than more independent garages/mechanics; You may be better off getting the parts yourself from e.g. Eurocarparts or EBC and getting someone to fit them.

NB: I got a bit burned when Toyota did my pads recently - I assumed they'd be fitting the blue Akebono pads, but instead they fitted generic Textar pads which I've been told are the cheaper Toyota Optifit alternative, so it may be worth checking what they're putting on for the money.

Yeah i might buy the parts from say Parts King , so i know they will be OEM Toyota supplied parts and get my local Toyota dealer to fit them and they will only charge me labour

Although i might be getting a new car soon before the MOT , if i do , i will miss my Yaris and the playful character it has on the road.