Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommended Tyres For A 2003 Tsport

cameroon95

Hi guys,

Looking to replace my tyres as they are looking a bit on the bald side lol.

Looking for a good everyday tyre, not budget or high end spec(as its rare that I ever go fast in the car) but something semi decent.

Cheers guys

An indication of what size you have would help.

Dont buy Good Year efficient grip though, they may be grippy and cheap but they have side walls of jelly which makes taking corners at any speed interesting. Made that mistake.

For a pre-facelift you want something with a fairly stiff sidewall, will make the ride a little harsher but will reduce the roll if you havent already lowered the suspension or added extra roll bars.

I've had Toyo T1rs and they were excellent in grip and handling and cheap too, but they dont last more than 6000 miles on the front before the corners rub off. Suprinsgly found that Avon ZV5's seem to be a good all rounder and mid range in terms of price, stiffness and grip/handling.

Running 205,55 R16 at the moment, little bit cheaper but they do bulge a little, but protects the alloy from curbing at least.

• 2 weeks later...

falkens or kuhmo are excellent mid range tyres. The latter has a A and C rating. I would also consider using 205 55 16 as they are cheaper and it doesnt effect the handling, clearance etc