Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres For Auris Sr180

mrimmy

Evening Folks,

Just wondering which tyres are worth putting on to the front wheels of a auris.

I've been looking at the following tyres

Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Hankook Ventus Prime 2

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2

Continental Conti Sport Contact 5

I'm option to other suggestion's but the above tyres seem to have good reviews with regards to grip and breaking distance.

In the Which? test for tyres of this size, the following were Best Buys (scores in brackets) in descending order -

Continental ContiSportContact 5 (69%)

Goodyear Eagle Assymetrical F1 (67%)

Pirelli Cinturato P7 (67%)

My credo, when buying tyres... Buy the most expensive ones you can afford and never economize on tyres, as they (and the brakes) are the only thing keeping you on the road! :)

Happy new year!

I would go for Continental or look for Michelin as in most cases they are best in any sizes and models. There are some good buys like Kumho or Toyo tyres, also Yokohama and Hankook , these mid range tyres sometimes can outperform far more expensive tyres named as premium, which very often comes as premium price but not quality or simply too high performance that are not suitable for everyday use. I never fully trust a reviews from car journalists as these are marketing oriented but honest consumers review can help your choice.

Also when you choose your tyres is important to take into account how you drive , how often and how long, also where do you live too, is it raining or snowing more in your area, are you driving on motorways or short town trips only and so on. What is your priorities when you buying tyres: fuel economy, noise, performance, price .....

Good luck

Uniroyal all day long I have them all round on mine best tyres I've had and I've ran 3 of the 4 tyres you've listed and not as good as the uniroyal

I`ll second the uniroyals.....good value and A rated for wet grip, dry grip on a tyre will be pretty much all the same across similar priced/quality tyres, but wet grip is where you need it most. http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p111648/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_225_45_R17_91Y_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

they even look nice if you like that sort of thing :D

In the Which? test the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT (non MFS) scored the same as the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - 66% - and just missed out on being a Best Buy.

In Europe the Dunlop brand is owned by and the tyres made by Goodyear.

Uniroyal all day long I have them all round on mine best tyres I've had and I've ran 3 of the 4 tyres you've listed and not as good as the uniroyal

it's between the uniroyals and the conti's then will have a look around as i'm looking to order them in the next 2 weeks.

Tyre ratings on the label again not so true as the official mpg figures. Having two different make tyres and on the paper the first outperform the second but in real life I found the second set been much quieter and better performer in any situation. Another lesson that the things are not always as Says on the tin.

Don't be fooled by the fuel efficiency A or B grades... I would go for an F grade tire ANY time! Remember - A or B fuel efficient tire means less friction, thus, much worse braking performance. The difference in fuel saving is neglectfully low, braking efficiency difference is huge.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have Hankook ventus evo2 on mine. Paid £55 each fitted and am very happy with them. They can slip slightly if taking tight corners too hard in wet conditions, but only very slightly and are otherwise faultless. 

Make sure you put decent tyres on the back as well - when I bought mine it had cheap tyres on the back. I got oversteer  roundabouts in the rain without pushing hard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links