Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Seat Belt Alarm

markattard

Hi could anyone please link me to the seat belt alarm removal procedure? Thanks and regards!

Hello Mark - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

As far as I'm aware, this hasn't been posted for the Urban Cruiser. There are numerous posts in other clubs (Auris, Avensis, etc), so do a search. However, the procedure may be slightly different for the Urban Cruiser ............

• Like 1

I don't know about the Urban Cruiser but there was a procedure for disabling it on the older T25 shape Avensis, and the older shape Auris, but the new T27 shape Avensis you can only do it via software. Google techstream for more info, you can get adapters for a pc pretty cheap.

hi all!! thanks a lot the old procedure for avensis did not work! in tried the seatbelt extenders to silent the alarms but they broke after 2 months. anyone bought an adapter can tell me something about it and how to do it software wise?

You could cut fake buckles from a piece of thin plastic, but having them plugged in obviously means you can't plug the actual belt buckle in. If you do this, and your buckles have a square hole in the metal bit, then you also need to do the square cut in the same place.

The only car I've tried that on was a Renault and IIRC it needed an open circuit, not closed. It was obvious once the female side of the buckle assembly was taken apart. BTW bear in mind that if you fool the car into thinking you have the belt on...maybe the airbags behave differently? Better to disable the beep if you can.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links