Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making Folding Mirrors Automatic

IanIanIanIan

My PiP has folding door mirrors. I believe it is possible to add a plug and play device for about £40 to make them fold automaticly when the 'ignition' is turned off.

I followed a lead from the PriusChat site to a man in Japan who could possibly supply from there but it came to nothing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Have a look at this web site http://www.maxaudio.com.my/siren-buzzer/3069-uni-toyota-honda-kia-hy-mazda-suzuki-nissan-auto-fold-mirror.html

You could go back to my thread in Sept. 2014 where I fitted a Toyota genuine part 08645-47040, but was alot more expensive, when you add postage and custom/vat fees.

Have a search for PO-40 folding mirror kits, there is a gent called Michael in Australia that can probably help.

Thank you both. I have contacted them and others,

When I tried this exercise eighteen or so months ago I received a resounding 'it won't work with the PiP'. I trust it will be different this time.

Hi,

I have a question and that is how easy would it be to add powerfolding mirrors to a Prius that don't have them? Am I looking at pricey replacement mirrors from Japan and wiring looms and whatnot?

Mike.

My PiP has folding door mirrors. I believe it is possible to add a plug and play device for about £40 to make them fold automaticly when the 'ignition' is turned off.

I followed a lead from the PriusChat site to a man in Japan who could possibly supply from there but it came to nothing.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Give up now unless you want to start hacking at your wiring and working out what does what.

I got the kit for my PiP, it only works as a direct plug and play for gen 3.1 and not face lift Gen3's (2012>). Wiring schematics and plug are completely different.

I'm fairly confident with auto electrics and wiring hacking, but even I could see that it was likely to turn into a nightmare :( Sent my unit back to the seller and got a refund.

That is the same conclusion I came to eighteen months ago, I was hoping things had progressed a little.

By the bye, which kit was it that you tried?

That is the same conclusion I came to eighteen months ago, I was hoping things had progressed a little.

By the bye, which kit was it that you tried?

Was an eBay buy, about £50 from memory. Looked like a OEM setup and was good quality, just not compatible unfortunately :(