Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Rack

Alvin86

Hi all,

Soon to be buying a 2009 5dr yaris (TR model i think) and i want to carry 3 or 4 kayaks on it.

Could anyone recommend roof bars or rails?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Alan - werlcome to Toyota Owners Club.

It will be roof bars you need to consider - roof rails aren't available for the Yaris. Have you checked the roof weight limit for the Yans, as 3-4 kayaks plus roof bars (which all need to be included within the roof weight limit) sounds rather a lot.

Boats are around 20kg each. Will look into bars - do they all wrap around the door or can some fix into the roof?

Thanks,

Alan

Think you really need to check the roof weight limit with Toyota as it may only be around 75kg including roof bars

i may limit it to carrying 3 kayaks then, to be honest 20kg is a big boat - many are less.

Any advice on brand, type etc?

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/d73c770b-f00b-4f37-bccb-b7ce87962608/Luxury%20kayak%20holder%20AIM%20001%20358-0%20PZ4AP-HP837-00.pdf

This is a "luxury" roof mounting. 35kg MAX.

Another http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B93FAA634-DFFB-44ED-BD8F-228E9F3DCBBB%7D/Boat%20holder%20PZ403-99645-00.pdf

I think you are being very optimistic hoping to carry more than 1. There are others but they don't indicate weight limit. They're all only intended for one boat though.

By all means consult a dealer first, in fact it's probably essential! I looked in the manual for my Yaris (Mk3) and couldn't find anything about max. roof capacity.

In the manual they warn about towing a trailer, apparently the car is not built for it. They next state that it is advisable to use a Toyota towing hitch! :clown:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links