Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction Control Fault?

mikey-t

Hey guys. I own a 2008 1.8 petrol TR and I am starting to think I have a traction control fault. Today I went to set off and I was parked on wet gravel, Obviously the wheels slipped like buggery but the engine didn't feel like it was even thinking about trying to cut power to the wheels. I had an alfa previously and if the TC intervened in that you could physically feel it reign in the throttle and I used get a little flashy wheel skid symbol on the dash. Something else I have noticed recently too is the car seems much easier to wheelspin recently. I know its been pretty greasy recently but sometimes I'm having to give it smallest amount of throttle possible or the wheels just lose traction. :blushing: Oh and no the TC isn't turned off and the tyres are goodyear efficient grips that have only done 5k. cheers all!!

Is your tyres at the correct pressure?mines used to spin freely then checked the tyre pressure was too high .The guy that put them on had it around 42psi.

Yeah my tyre pressures are higher than normal but the reason for this is the general consensus among avensis owners that the tyre pressures specified by Toyota are too low???? To be honest the first thing I did when I first noticed it losing traction is check the tyre pressures and going from 30 to 36 has made little if any difference to be honest.

Yeah my tyre pressures are higher than normal but the reason for this is the general consensus among avensis owners that the tyre pressures specified by Toyota are too low????

is it? Never had a problem on my T25 & tbh on my T27 I reckon that Toyota's recommended front pressure (40psi on my car) is too high ...

Can anyone else confirm they get some kind of visual confirmation when the traction control kicks in???

iirc at the bottom centre of the T25s dash you have 3 lights - left, car with squiggles under it, centre VSC & right TRC - do they all light up as you turn ignition on?

iirc at the bottom centre of the T25s dash you have 3 lights - left, car with squiggles under it, centre VSC & right TRC - do they all light up as you turn ignition on?

Mine is slightly different. TRC is in the top left corner and yes it does go out. Hoping we get some snow soon so I can test it more thoroughly without buggering the tyres up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links