Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Xtr 17" Wheel Options

bones`

We recently bought a nice 2010 XTR in black. This is our third Rav and the previous ones all had spare wheels on the rear door. I didn't really think about this when we bought the car but coming back from the lakes after the new year we had a puncture on the motorway. The tyre was shot, it had pulled away from the rim so even if the tyre repair kit had worked which I doubt, It was throwing it down and going dark on a busy M6 so the only option was recovery. That's great and we wake up the following day with me needing to sort a jack and get the wheel to a garage in a hurry.

Non of that works for me, I am going to buy a spare wheel and proper jack and just keep it in the boot. Having looked on eBay etc there are surprisingly few suitable wheels about so I was wondering what the options are available to me, I struggled find even the wheel specs but believe them to be 7Jx17 ET40 with a 5 x 114.3 PCD. That being the case are there any other wheels , ideally Toyota but not too bothered, that people have used as a spare?

Thanks

Going with anything other than the OE wheel for your car 'could' have insurance implications, I say could as it varies from one under writer to another. The breaker my parents got a leather interior from has a waiting list for people who want to replace the rear door with one that's got the wheel mounting point on it, while he's waiting for one that matches the car he's carting a spare round in the boot - it's not ideal, but it's better than having to be recovered. I think he purchased a full set as getting singles proved expensive/difficult and Toyota's price was horrific.

I would definitely prefer OE wheels and will keep looking but I have seen avensis wheels advertised as suitable for RAV4 and these are much more commonly available. Any thoughts on this?

2.2 engined Avensis T25s & all T27s use 5x114.3 PCD wheels, usually with an ET of 45.

yup same bore, 60.1. Afaik (but I don't claim expertise) should be fine for road work, don't know about mudplugging though.

Auris also is similar but again may have a different offset.

Hi Bones.

We also recently bought an xtr (2009 plate) and are looking for a spare wheel.

I wonder, if there are another 2 of us in the same position, we could buy a set that some sellers won't split?

I see you were heading down the M6 when you got the puncture. Are you Northern England?
I'm in Glasgow.
Just a thought. Not sure of the logistics :g:

has a waiting list for people who want to replace the rear door with one that's got the wheel mounting point on it..

Interesting...

I didn't appreciate how many other people would do the conversion... ( if I understand correctly... )

The wheels I currently have on mine are S/H from a Lexus... ( sorry, but I can't remember exactly which one...)

• Like 1

Hi Windinherhair

I am currently trying to find the exact same wheel as fitted, I contacted these about a wheel and they did have one left but the condition was poor for the £80 they wanted http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-TOYOTA-RAV4-2-2-DIESEL-NSF-DOOR-GLASS-BREAKING-CAR-FOR-PARTS-/201485767243?hash=item2ee97cd24b:g:Se0AAOSwZ1lWcGND

If I manage to source anything surplus to requirements I will certainly post the details up here.

• Like 1

Hi Folks.

Well i ended up going the full monty when i bought my 2012 Rav 4 with only 4 wheels, i bought a 5th from Toyota with the same wheel and tyre as the others but it was in the reigon of £400 but the car was new so i just went for it.

Yes i just lay it in the boot but i know others that stand it vertically behind the wider rear seat pushed as far back as it will go to trap the wheel and tyre between the rear seat and the removable sprung loaded cross bar with the covers attached to it.

I think Toyota made a mistake supplying cars without a full sized spare let alone a space saver that I am not a supporter of, and much of this decision is to save fuel on a weight basis but I understand on certain foreign models they have modified rear floor pans and raised inner rear floor sections to accommodate the full sized spare wheel.

I do know you can get steel wheels from Germany that have all the correct pitch circle diameters, all the holes line up if any of you want to seek them out on the net, failing that look at...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=toyots+2011+rav+4+steel+wheels&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=cNSXVrPjJ8LNPev-rmg#q=toyota+rav4+alloy+wheels+for+sale​

...and good luck to all.

Mike.

"I do know you can get steel wheels from Germany that have all the correct pitch circle diameters, all the holes line up if any of you want to seek them out on the net, failing that look at.."

I have already linked to 17" steel wheels from Toyota UK (which are actually reasonably priced) ... ;)

• Like 2

Hi Windinherhair

I am currently trying to find the exact same wheel as fitted, I contacted these about a wheel and they did have one left but the condition was poor for the £80 they wanted http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-TOYOTA-RAV4-2-2-DIESEL-NSF-DOOR-GLASS-BREAKING-CAR-FOR-PARTS-/201485767243?hash=item2ee97cd24b:g:Se0AAOSwZ1lWcGND

If I manage to source anything surplus to requirements I will certainly post the details up here.

Hi Bones.

I'm also hopeful at finding an exact match.

This is my wheel...

post-53111-0-26669300-1452853298_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links