Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Rear Brakes

timie

Hi can somebody give me advice on how to change advensis 2012 rear break pads

Thanks

Conflicting advice around - most say the EPB needs calibrated by Toyota, and at least one thread I've read on here say not.

can confirm does not need toyota to reset.i have posted about doing my partners 2010 estate if you search for the thread

Thanks to you guys for your advice - it worked fine no problems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota Avensis t27. Can someone tell me which side the left hand thread piston is.Is it curbside or offside?

Toyota Avensis t27. Can someone tell me which side the left hand thread piston is.Is it curbside or offside?

I assisted the rear brake change on my Avensis, and my mates at the garage has the tool with left and right handed tools.

You will know which is the correct way, because after winding back the right piston, the other mechanic used the same tool on the left-hand piston/calliper. Due to the thread being the wrong way, it would not budge. I suggested getting the left-hand tool, and the piston wound back in. It is a bit stiff but the piston goes in.

Basically you cannot use the wrong tool on the wrong side, if that makes sense. It will only lock up!

Here is my post confirming the T27 brakes are not to difficult to change:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/171488-replaced-rear-disc-and-pads-on-t27-with-no-issues/

Nearside rear brakes are usually left hand threaded (anti-clockwise to slacken) in my experience.

Incidentally you don't absolutely flat out must have a windback tool, It's infinitely preferable but i've done them, when stuck, with a regular G clamp with carefully applied pressure and grip / windback the piston using a pair of gland pliers aka water pump pliers. As you wind the piston back you have to re-apply pressure with the G clamp.

post-140480-0-44081800-1453630695_thumb.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links