Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is This Where You Attach A Tow Rope On A Rav 4 To Tow A Vehicle ?

spencer44

Having searched the web for advice on emergency rear towing points/brackets seems to be a subject that is avoided, or alternatively replies go into a saga that is never ending.

I have photographed this bracket that is just under the rear bumper on the left is this the loop shaped bracket where I can attach the tow rope to tow a vehicle.

Please note well I know where the tow points are on the front that is explained well in the users handbook but rear tow point advice is noticeable by its absence.

post-152220-0-95051900-1452933583_thumb.

post-152220-0-27291200-1452933607_thumb.

Certainly looks like it. Cannot confirm though as the wife is out in the Rav at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly looks like it. Cannot confirm though as the wife is out in the Rav at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, I tried researching it on the net and it is odd that trying to find out something so simple is so difficult even the new Toyota Rav handbook gives no advice on rear towing but excellent advice on front towing points.

Reading anything on the subject like many questions on the net there is people that go off on a journey into their own world.

• 1 year later...
On 16/01/2016 at 9:01 AM, spencer44 said:

Thanks mate, I tried researching it on the net and it is odd that trying to find out something so simple is so difficult even the new Toyota Rav handbook gives no advice on rear towing but excellent advice on front towing points.

Reading anything on the subject like many questions on the net there is people that go off on a journey into their own world.

it maybe a bit late to answer now but i took my car offroad rcently, got high centered on a mound of dirt, my mate pulled me off it using that mount. seems to be strong enough to pull a car that has no wheels on the ground without bending anything. but dont pass my answer unless you know for sure it will hold. (for me im going to be welding a proper recovery bracket onto mine for the next time i get stuck. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links