Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With T180

Ogster

Chaps

Just bought a rather fine 2008 T180 DCAT, and looking for some advice. Had a look at the excellent forum which answers many things, but for starters, some confirmation please....

Runflats - the tyres of the Devil IMHO. Firstly, can they be changed out with decent boots? 18 inch.. If so, I believe the tyre pressure sensor - pink wire behind the clocks - needs snipping or a switch installing to temporarily - or more likely permanently - disable the warning lamp. Is this indeed the case?

Anything I should do immediately? Oil changed not so long ago, plenty of decent SH, but I wonder about air filter. Looks a simple job, is it?

EGR valve clean...I don't think it has ever been looked at...easy job?

Many thanks in anticipation

Mark

Hello Mark - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

• 3 weeks later...

The sensors will work fine without the runflats.

they work as they should and will light up when the air pressure drops to around 25psi.

its a quite straightforward something you maybe able to do yourself if you ha e the right tools.

mine were taken off by and Indy garage his cut round they tyres to remove them and then used an angle grinder to cut the bands took less than an hour and the car drives and feels a lot better.

i replaced the tyres with Nokian all season tyres from tyre leader after reading all the reviews for them.

hope that helps

Well, I took mine to the local Toyota dealer who had the correct tooling. £25 per boot and £114 for normal Hankook tyre - which I didn't think was too outrageous for a dealer. In addition, I have the runflats and reinforcement bands to sell on. Rears done so far. 

Viewing the bands it is easy to see why the ride is pretty harsh. A truly awful idea, and it will be interesting to note the difference when all 4 have been replaced.

That's not a bad price to be honest.

i paid £15 per tyre and the tyres I bought online and must admit they are good tyres.

omce you've had them all done the difference in the ride is immense and noticeable straight away.

Do let your insurance company know mine didn't make a difference to the premium but I did ask them to make a note and a confirmation just in case which they were happy to do so.

let us know what you think of the ride once you e had them all done

On 16 January 2016 at 4:49 PM, Ogster said:

Chaps

Just bought a rather fine 2008 T180 DCAT, and looking for some advice. Had a look at the excellent forum which answers many things, but for starters, some confirmation please....

Runflats - the tyres of the Devil IMHO. Firstly, can they be changed out with decent boots? 18 inch.. If so, I believe the tyre pressure sensor - pink wire behind the clocks - needs snipping or a switch installing to temporarily - or more likely permanently - disable the warning lamp. Is this indeed the case?

Anything I should do immediately? Oil changed not so long ago, plenty of decent SH, but I wonder about air filter. Looks a simple job, is it?

EGR valve clean...I don't think it has ever been looked at...easy job?

Many thanks in anticipation

Mark

The EGR valve is a simple job which you could do yourself. I had my friend do mine for me as I'm disabled but it was straightforward there is a guide somewhere on here.

the tyre sensors will work fine without the runflats

EGR done - very easy access! Air filter replaced, brakes and oil checked - all good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links