Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Ice Help

kash

Hi All,

I'm changing my current factory standard ICE for my J-Spec MKIV TT... but need some help. I like to apologise if I sound thick but I know very little about ICE, and have a few questions....

1) The Supra has a slot for two headunits... and I am installing two single head units (Pioneer AVIC-X1 flip out screen DVD unit and Pioneer KEH-P7020R cassette unit). Firstly does anyone know if can get these to work together (they both come with IP-Bus external unit control allowing me to connect additional pioneer devices)??? And secondly I will also be adding a TV tuner and a CD changer via the IP-Bus will this cause problems?

2) I need to know what size Speakers the supra takes for both front and back???

3) Can anyone recommend some decent Speakers, sub and amp for the Supra, bearing in mind that I don't want the sound system too loud, just want good quality sound for myself to hear and not for the rest of the street?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kash

• 2 weeks later...

if ya want sound quality for a fair pricce there are a few options,the vibe and caliber ones are good all rounders very clear!

The infinities are more biased to trebble!

These are just my own preference tho

Hallo there, I just changed the ICE in my Estima, and as i too wanted something that sounded well, so I went for Infinity Reference Series speakers;

5002i 5 1/4" 2 way up front

9603i 6x9 3 way in back

Mated to an Alpine CDA 9812RB head unit.

Sounds excellent to me, really crisp and clear, with a respectable level of bass....

Though I'm planning to add 2 10" infinity subs and a couple of amps in the very near future :thumbsup:

Cheers mate.... I've been thinking about Infinity myself... although I've found out that the Supra has 4" Speakers upfront and 6.5" Speakers in the rear.... I've been told I can put in bigger ones if I get rid of the speaker pods :unsure: ... I'm gonna stick with those sizes and probably put in a 10" Sub in the back.

I still haven't been able to find out if I can connect the Pioneer AVIC-X1 flip out screen DVD unit and Pioneer KEH-P7020R cassette together. Even if they don't work together it's ok as long as I can switch between using them! Any suggestions guys and gals on how I can get them to work together or independently via some kind of input selector?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links