1. 1. Should I add under car neons, and what colour

• No - They look pony
    • Yes - Blue
    • Yes - Red
    • Yes - Green
    • Yes - Yellow
    • Yes - White
    • Yes - Other (please specify)

aye neons especially blue ones die after about a year, seen it happen time and again

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bibbs

• JappyBeast

• Moffmo

• DeusMR2

I say BLUE :) Iv'e often thought about it as welll....but I'd go red as my car is red, but ONLY if they can be hidden away, nothing worse than seeing a long neon tube sticking out under a car. However I reakon it would be much cooler if you went with STROBES!! Iv'e seen this only once on a car.....rolled up to a dark area and then bam......about 6 white strobes start flicking away under this car, was really cool. Again they were hidden underneth but was most definitly awesome.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Hmm .. Looks like I may be going LED to make hiding them easier ..

But strobes you say ..

Just look at the ICELED video and pictures, I would say that they provide an excellent glow under the car and throw the light far enough out to make some really cool effects and animations.

yeah trust me mate you dont wanna get the old style neons, they really will just fall apart and/or stop working soon no matter how well ya affix them to the underbody! I be gettin led blues eventually, definately not neons!

go for it mate its your car

if you prefer neon and are colour coding with blue

then blue neons is ya best bet!

although.....LEDs are much better and last alot longer.

i can get hold of some computer controlled ones aswell if thats of any interest

ive had blue neons on mine and currently upgrading to LEDs instead. regardless of anyone else thoughts! its you car mate! make it ehat you want

:thumbsup:

Strobes are quite cool B) I put about 8 on the shock car, two in the air scoops, front indicators, engine cover, actually 6, i cant count, but they would look neat underneath, never thought of that :thumbsup: the *cough* max power branded ones actually work really well, very bright :ph34r:

****** it - course go for them!

i have the LED blue ones fitted to mine - they give out a nice glow, and do not break!

it looks the ticket flicking her out sideways on a damp night blue lights under her!

go for it lad!

Just Saw ICELED I love the white moving ones maybe you could have a knight rider style on the floor :P

heh heh .. looks like a defo Marmite thread ..

i used to be a member of GTI international (VW) and have owned endless golfs and seat ibiza's (a cheaper BUT better version of a mk3 golf!!). I personally think neons look wicked BUT only on the wright car + colour - big fan of black cars, green callipers and green neons, + i think the neons should be the same colour of the brake calliper if you can see them that is.

Anyway, i posted practically the same thread on GTI international and ohh my god did i get tortured!!!!! The thing is, when done your car will look mint and defo turn heads. Do it mate!!!

JAPANESE CARS AND NEON'S DEFO GO!! The fast and the furious proved that!!!

i *accidently* voted for green neons.

Was 'sposed to be other.

Purple looks sweet under a black car m8.

:thumbsup:

-Z

• 9 months later...

iev got white footwell neons installed in my 2, they look great and not the usual blue colour. by the way, blues the only colour neons that are illegal as its police colour etc. and aslong as ppl cant see the actual bulb all other colours are road legal

heres mine

uvLightson1.jpg

uvlightson2.jpg

sorry couldent help posting lol

thread revival lives on!!!

i was reading this thinking how can bibbs call his car subtle? then noticed the dates, doh!!!

Yes and Green,

Black and green looks amazing.

I'm getting mine done eventually.

jappy, look at the dates!!!

get purple ben! lol

I think green looks good on black cars, had a mate that had green ones under his black civic.