Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Wheel arch liner change

d-a-n

I drove my 1.8 T25 on the motorway for the first time in strong winds and there was a sudden change in the wind noise, I dropped the speed down from 70 to 55mph and the noise abated, then along with the wind, it returned with a vengeance, along with a sound which correlated to the road speed. There was a bang and the wheel arch liner flew out from behind the car.

Will leaving it lead to problems or should it be replaced sooner rather than later?

I have only recently bought the car from a garage who have done some work to the car before I bought it; I took it back to them and they have agreed to replace it with a secondhand one, when one comes in to their friendly breakers yard but there is no guarantee with when this will be. I have seen this item on eBay and I'm considering buying it for them to fit, unless this is a stupidly easy fix to do yourself.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-03-06-PASSENGER-SIDE-FRONT-WHEEL-ARCH-LINER-INNER-SPLASHGUARD-/331377481358

I'll also need clips, I'm assuming these will do the job

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-AVENSIS-TRIM-BUMPER-PANEL-WHEEL-ARCH-PLASTIC-FASTENERS-CLIPS-SET-OEM-/321673852171?hash=item4ae541750b:g:dncAAOSw0vBUadkj

I've found this diagram but I couldn't find any further fitting information. With all of these things bought, would this be an easy job to do without a ramp?

531452J.png

To refit the wheel will need to come off. Ideally both sides. So axle stands would be useful.  This is because you'll need to compare both sides. These panels overlap and underlap other undershields and it's not as obvious as you'd imagine... 

Ramps would also be helpful as you may be working blind on the fixings under the bumper. I remember it being really awkward when having to dismantle/unclipped the shield and bumper to get at and remove the headlight. 

• Like 1

Thanks Gazza

Is there a bit of a splitter/undertray between the bumper and the big tray which should be present as well?

Who knew buying a 10 year old car could be so stressful and fraught with questions and worry...

I think its one part but it interweaves into other plastic panels down there. 

• Like 1

i have replaced the drivers side one twice on my car.the original one got pushed out in the snow a few years ago and had a hole worn into it by the front wheel.i found the pattern part to not quite fit and after buying new clips from toyota fitted the first one only for it to work loose from the front of the car underneath the water bottle and get ripped off when doing 70 on a motorway.when i fitted the 3rd one i drilled extra holes towards the front and used large self tapping style plastic screws through the liner and under engine tray to hold into place.only problem i have is it hangs down a little bit low by the suspension arm on the outer edge as there are no fixing holes as its up against the outer wing and just keeps popping out of place.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links