Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tailgate checkstrap WANTED

Dazmonkey

Hi all. The check strap on the tailgate door on my Rav makes the most horrendous clicking noise (which at night in our cul-de-sac sounds like a shotgun) so I need to replace it. I don't mind the 60' opening so wondered if anyone has one sitting around that they'd like to have take off their hands??

Thanks

Moved to Rav4 club

• Like 1

Moved to RAV section

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm. I was thinking more £15 posted. I'm not trying to be cheeky it's just that I'm on a new baby budget. Where abouts are you based? I might be able to collect. 

Yes. I sent you a message with my address. Maybe it didn't go through. What's the best way to get the money to you??

You are better using the private message system of TOC, which will keep details of your negotiations, etc private between the two of you

Within your cover photo at the top of your profile page, is a box 'Message' - which one can use to send/access messages.

On 1 February 2016 at 11:17 PM, Dazmonkey said:

Hi all. The check strap on the tailgate door on my Rav makes the most horrendous clicking noise (which at night in our cul-de-sac sounds like a shotgun) so I need to replace it. I don't mind the 60' opening so wondered if anyone has one sitting around that they'd like to have take off their hands??

Thanks

Have you just tried to grease it ? Probably dry and need lubricating that's all .

On 21/02/2016 at 10:31 PM, redlew said:

You can also replace the pin part number 68617 20020 for about a fiver

I remember  changing one of these and used a simple roll pin which was a good fit in the bracket and which has never caused any probs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links