Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket alloys

Ogster

Chaps

My original rims are not in the best of condition. Having now removed the awful runflats and fitted "normal" tyres, I am in a position to swap the rims out if my refurbishing of the originals does not come up to scratch.

Any idea of what aftermarket alloys looks well on a grey metallic RAV4? Any pics? Thinking of a matching grey/gun metal colour.....

remember that non oem alloys may be classed by some insurers as a modification - some will increase your premium, some won't but most will expect to be informed.

All T27 [2009-current] Avensis & 2.2 D4D T25 [2003-2008] alloys have the same PCD (5x114.3), bore (60.1) & PCD (45).

The later 4.3's had nice dark grey alloys that look good. Don't know if you can find a set secondhand on eBay, etc. Pic of our previous 4.3 for info.

WP_000380.jpg

Jim

Those would do very nicely! Been searching around somewhat, not found any in grey. There do seem to be plenty of different alloy wheels which fit for about 400 upwards, but many are just bling. After something tasteful and restrained.

what diameter are you looking for?

what is your budget?

I have always quite liked these (albeit they are silver not grey) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300732572910?

or these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271479354433?

or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400706642355?

A mate of mine had a set of 18's on his rav which he took off again before selling. I've attached a picture of what they look like and part numbers are PZ406X0679BM, set of 4 and in good condition, matt black. One wheel has a small chip to the edge which was made when taking the tyres off. If anybody is interested let me know as I think he is open to offers

PZ406X0679BM.jpg

Hi Gray, no I am not interesting in buying thanks but the slight damage to one can be easily refurbed, I had one done at a Toyota dealership, cost me £70 and it's a perfect match should either you or any buyers worry about the mark that much, I have even known people to use a decent filler and a spray with an aerosol but like I said Toyota can do a 'local repair' and it comes out 100%. 

Incidentally the wheels look good.

Mike.

Hi Mike

Thanks for your reply

No worries, I'll speak to him and let him know about the refurb at the dealer and £70 is not too bad as the wheels are about £200 in the first place. I had a look the other day and it wasn't that big, I recon a thick layer of touch up stick would do the trick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cougar said:

A mate of mine had a set of 18's on his rav which he took off again before selling. I've attached a picture of what they look like and part numbers are PZ406X0679BM, set of 4 and in good condition, matt black. One wheel has a small chip to the edge which was made when taking the tyres off. If anybody is interested let me know as I think he is open to offers

Might be, depending upon price - £174 ea new from Toyota's eBay store.