Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Yaris Hybrid LHD > Importing back to the UK

Johndcfc

Hello All,

I have a 2013 Yaris Hybrid (bought in Belgium where I'm currently living).

I'm in the process of moving back to the UK and would like to import the car too.

As I understand I need to ensure the headlights are dipped to the correct direction - does anyone know if this model of Yaris has adjustable headlights.. or I need to purchase UK headlights and replace them etc.

Thanks

John

The headlamps will need to be replaced with RHD UK spec lamps as they cannot be adjusted and the rear fog lamp on your car is on the wrong side you will need to fit a new fog lamp onto the RHR of the car Also you will need a Speedo that shows a MPH reading.

Useful info on importing a car: https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/commercial-importers-of-new-vehicles

http://www.import-car.info/images/dftguide.pdf

Thanks,

I've replaced the speedo already (surprisingly easy) and there are two fog lamps on the rear.

Reason I asked about the headlights is I noticed there were two 'adjusting looking nuts' :D and on my old car (IS250) the lights were adjusted without completely replacing them

IMG_20160129_182621.jpg

IMG_20160129_182549.jpg

Are both rear fog lights wired up and working? Legally only the offside rear fog light is required and another member found their nearside rear fog light wasn't wired up - see

By the way Devon Aygo works for a Toyota dealer, so his info on the headlights is likely to be correct.

On 2/2/2016 at 9:31 PM, Johndcfc said:

Thanks,

I've replaced the speedo already (surprisingly easy) and there are two fog lamps on the rear.

Reason I asked about the headlights is I noticed there were two 'adjusting looking nuts' :D and on my old car (IS250) the lights were adjusted without completely replacing them

IMG_20160129_182621.jpg

IMG_20160129_182549.jpg

Only very few OEM HID setups allow you to flick from LHD to RHD beam pattern, the reflector units in the Yaris will need replacing.

Those you've shown a pic of only adjust beam height and angle, not pattern, which is what needs to be changed.