Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RDS TMC problem on 2015 facelift auris

ChrisClemson

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presume the update is the one mentioned in this earlier thread - 

I have read the article, mine does not seem to have the tiles they mention, but it does have the voice recognition which works well if you can remember the right commands.

15 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presume the update is the one mentioned in this earlier thread - 

Hi

No this update is due in the uk in April

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:06 PM, griff279 said:

Just been in and they have installed a version not yet released but became available Wednesday.

All software has the same version numbers but Traffic now works over the radio and the DAB dose seem better but only a small drive home the system dose also seem a little quicker.

Phoned my local dealer yesterday, they called back this morning insisting there is no update yet. Could they have just reinstalled the current version on your car and it just installed correctly this time?

Hi I rang my dealer with the traffic and DAB faults who rang me back within the hour and said they had spoken with Toyota and they sent them a update.

Took in and a cup of coffee later it was done.

DAB still poor compared to Volvo but traffic working although not as quick to update as over internet.

system dose feel a bit quicker once its had time to boot everything up feels like it needs more ram or a faster processor.

looking forward to the April update as Siri will work. 

I am having no luck with my dealer, they are insisting there in no software update yet! I am thinking about downloading the older version that is on MyToyota site. V4.3 and installing it myself. 

My 2016 Auris is going in to dealer on 23rd for a few things, so am hoping they've got this update already.

I haven't seen the TMC traffic issue as I whap it straight to "Traffic over Internet" and don't care about the data amount, however I think that when out of signal, it reverts back to TMC, which is very annoying as I approach traffic and wonder why it's not mentioned it.

Coyote also says it expires tomorrow (1 month in) and that's that!

And... it's crashed twice and reverted to KM/H instead of MPG (as someone else had found). I have to go back to MPG via the other KM option as it refuses to set straight back to MPG.

(also the headlights on dipped beam are pretty poor, so I've asked them to check the alignment)

Version 4.5.0WL map2015v2

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:05 PM, Maceie said:

My 2016 Auris is going in to dealer on 23rd for a few things, so am hoping they've got this update already.

I haven't seen the TMC traffic issue as I whap it straight to "Traffic over Internet" and don't care about the data amount, however I think that when out of signal, it reverts back to TMC, which is very annoying as I approach traffic and wonder why it's not mentioned it.

Coyote also says it expires tomorrow (1 month in) and that's that!

And... it's crashed twice and reverted to KM/H instead of MPG (as someone else had found). I have to go back to MPG via the other KM option as it refuses to set straight back to MPG.

(also the headlights on dipped beam are pretty poor, so I've asked them to check the alignment)

Version 4.5.0WL map2015v2

Did you get new software on the 23rd? if so is it any better?

4 hours ago, Gunner50 said:

Did you get new software on the 23rd? if so is it any better?

No, same version. They reinstalled it apparently, So I guess I'll just have to see if it's fixed the crashing issue.

Coyote is still expired. They didn't actually check it. just said "hopefully that'll fix it as well".

So I'll have to mail Toyota directly and ask if I was supposed to get 1 year or 1 month of Coyote alerts.

(main beams are aligned correctly they said. So they're just vastly inferior to every other car I've had (except the Calibra 20 years ago)).

Mine used to crash and change from MPG but the update fixed that.

Coyote was only one month on mine too didn't think much of it as I found loads of cameras missing.

The May update promises "TomTom real-time traffic"

I noticed a difference in the number of speed cameras shown between my brothers Yaris and my Auris, mine seems to show less cameras. The update definitely seems to improve DAB reception too. Not really tried Coyote so it might have expired by now. Not had any problems with headlights.

The fix for the faulty TMC over RDS has now been issued to dealers by way of a software patch, the bulletin reference is BE-0018T-0316. the issue affected:

AURIS; AVENSIS; COROLLA; YARIS; HILUX; RAV4; LANDCRUISER; PRIUS; PRIUS+; VERSO with Touch2 with Go (plus) - No RDS TMC (traffic information) reception in the UK

DESCRIPTION OF PHENOMENON

Some customers may experience and report that when driving in the United Kingdom no traffic information is received (RDS TMC) and shown on the map.  The phenomenon occurs only on vehicle with factory installed 4.5.0WL, 4.5.0WH, 4.5.0EL or 4.5.0EH versions of the navigation software. Navigation units updated from a previous version to 4.5.0 are not affected.

• Like 2

After contacting my dealer (Yeomans in Worthing) for the 3rd time about the update they once again denied that an update existed. I then contacted Toyota UK (using the official Toyota Blog site) and sent a message via Facebook reporting this problem with the dealer. After exchanging a few details with them they said they would contact the dealer and inform them of the update. Within a few minutes of getting Toyota UK's last message on Facebook the dealer phoned me to arrange an appointment.. What is it, are they just too lazy to look into it, or as this is a no charge job just not interested. I will now probably go to the next closest dealer next time I change my car.

Before I had the update Toyota told my dealer there was no fault, I had to contact them via their blog site, and suddenly there was a fix available.