Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet backseat

Milla82

My aygo is just over 2 years old and I realised my backseats are soaking wet. I've had a back seat protector on so only just noticed it. My seats has water stains and also water stains on the roof at the back. Can I exchange my car as it still under warranty? I don't want an aygo anymore. 

Hello Milla - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

I know you've said the Aygo is two years old, but how long have you actually owned the car?

it sounds like a water leak issue which can be common with the Aygo. I don't know about totally replacing the Aygo but it can be fixed under warranty

Unfortunately the MK1 can suffer from water ingress issues there are however fixes and as your car is a 2013 model it is still within warranty so contact your local dealer and arrange an appointment for the repairs. The warranty will cover the repair costs it does not however allow you to exchange the car.

Hi , I have also got an Aygo 2009 model and the car has developed  the same problem as yours ,wet boot and wet backseat I have tried searching for the source of the leak with no luck it's very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution if so I would be very  greatful........ Thanks

10 hours ago, Ivegotfivedoors said:

Hi , I have also got an Aygo 2009 model and the car has developed  the same problem as yours ,wet boot and wet backseat I have tried searching for the source of the leak with no luck it's very frustrating. Does anyone have a solution if so I would be very  greatful........ Thanks

The known areas of issue for ingress into the boot and rear foot wells are:

Centre stop lamp - fit modified lamp part # 81570-0H010

Rear panel vents ( behind bumper )  - fit modified vent part # 62930-0H012 x2

Rear lamp seals - fit modified gaskets 81555-0H080 & 81565-0H080

Tailgate glass stoppers - fit new stoppers 90541-09124 x2 and seal with butyl tape.

Hi Devon Aygo thanks for the info 😄 can I order these parts online 🤔

As well as 'Devon Aygo's' list of fixes, lots of people report leaking from under the (usually) passenger's door. And that the waterproof membrane (called a 'water shedder') Inside the car door needs replacing.

As Aygo's have aways leaked,    It's a shame that Toyota dealers don't have a complete list of things to fix. Mine said "I can't find it"  - so did nothing !!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a leak problem with my Aygo Fire 2012, its booked in to the garage next week to get the leaks sorted under warranty