Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ebay Auctions

jim1933

I found just what I wanted on Ebay- four steel wheels for a 1996 Carina E 14" x 5 Stud, after a couple of weeks I won the Auction, I mailed the seller to tell me how much to send them to me, no reply at all? got in touch with eBay they tell me they cannot get the bloke to sell them and he probably did not get what he thought was a good enough price; so he will re auction them later :angry: this is my first and last dealings with eBay. I need wheels because my alloys are knocked about and have been quoted £45 a wheel to refurbish, too much :thumbsup: Cheers Jim.

if he didn't have a reserve, then he should sell them to you.

But eBay are right, as long as you didn't send money etc they can't make him sell them.

But Ebay are right, as long as you didn't send money etc they can't make him sell them.

Thanks Jimlad for the reply, buying on eBay seems a bit of a gamble :thumbsup:

had one or two probs myself, more so with paypal than eBay, supposedly not sending payments, but eBay is costing me a fortune!, am a garfield fan, and buying stuff on there with the range that is around, well its a little expensive lol, take a look at my latest purchase lol

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I think eBay is in the daily mirror or daily mail today

you have to have high tolerance levels to work with eBay must be cool and calm all the time and never get worked up through it

just stay safe

I think ebay is in the daily mirror or daily mail today

Thanks will check them out now, cheers Jim

you have to have high tolerance levels to work with eBay must be cool and calm all the time and never get worked up through it

just stay safe

Thanks for the advice- I am sure your right- I did have problems sorting out the navigation on the site its probably the most unfriendly site to use I have been on :thumbsup: cheers Jim

it is a bit daunting at first as there are so many things to keep track of to be successful

after you have used it for a couple of months youll get the grip on it and youll be fine

like i say you have to be patient. cos its over the internet and emailing is instantaneous, a lot of people expect the replys, payment and delivery all to be instantaneous! theres only the odd folk like this and you just have to take them with a pinch of salt

obviously its a risk with anything you do when working on eBay or indeed trading over the internet in general

a big aspect of buying and selling has been lost with the internet and that is 'human interaction' one of the key elements that make trading extremely easy. tapping words and numbers on a plastic box and the use of 'illiterate' emails just doesnt have the same touch!

BTW jim1933 not saying you are illiterate or a bad customer! just making the point of the explosion of net trading and its adverse effects!

But Ebay are right, as long as you didn't send money etc they can't make him sell them.

Thanks Jimlad for the reply, buying on eBay seems a bit of a gamble :thumbsup:

Yip... I got ripped off big style. Someone paid me £300 for a mobile phone through paypal. So I sent the phone off.... then paypal took the money back saying it was possible from illegal funds etc ?!?!... DOH !

No phone... and no money. :(

can you deposit you money to your bank acount, or will that take time?

yes you can it takes about 3 working days to do so

so in that 3 days can paypal return the money?

yes they just charge your credit card for the privelage

I know that sometimes you hear of people having bad experiances with eBay, but i think that it is a very good system, and most people who use it are honest.

my friend recently purchased a pink floyd cd from america, after 2 weeks of waiting nothing had turned up, so he emailed the bloke, he said wait a little longer he had posted it. So after another 2 weeks he emailed the bloke again, this time the bloke said that he had posted it but he would refund the money anyway. So refund was given, and then 2 days later the cd turned up, somehow it had been sent via Belieze. :rolleyes:

Yeah sometimes suff from the states take weeks and weeks alway remember to ask the expected shipping time i've had stuff take 2 months before but still so worth the wait :thumbsup:

Jim your story is exactly the same as me, i got some brand new 16's with tyres also brand new for £220. 8 emails and phone calls later and no answer!

then he has the nerve to leave me bad feedback saying I wasnt contacting him! I was so ****** off! :ffs:

so who holds the record for being scanked off eBay?

I'm at a loss of £490 atm, bank wont do chargeback either!

-Z

yep moffmo.

I also thawt i got the money back as thats what the lady i reported it to said.

Then I got another letter asking for proofs, e-mail correspondance, printout of auction listing etc, description of what happened etc.

So i sent all that off, then a couple of days ago then replied to that saying that "unfortunately we are unable to offer any further assistance in this matter and are unable to refund your account at this time.

As your card details were given to the retailer when the payment was origionally authorised we are unable to pursue the matter as fraud. And refund owing to yo ushould b esought from the retailer by yourself"

Thats put me in a crap mood all day, still p'd off.

Wanted to work on my car but the weathers crap too.

It'l all pap, bah!!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links