Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Folding Mirrors Kit

evilc69

Guys I've purchased an automatic mirror folding box but I'm stuck to where shall I connect the 3 remaining dangling wires. One is red and should be connected to the ACC Battery, the second one is blue and should be connected to the Door Lock cable and the last one is green and should be connected to the Door Unlock cable. 

Can an someone guide me to which cables should I connect from the car side? Pictures would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance guys :)

The door lock and unlock wire you find easily from the drivers door switch. Just use multimeter to find out which are the correct ones, by locking and unlocking the doors from the buttons, and with multimeter check which wire get voltage when the buttons are pressed.

The lock un/lock connections are available behind the kick cover in the drivers footwell. I have fitted both types of module. One version deploys the mirrors when oppening the car and closes them when the car is locked and the other version stays closed when the door is opened but deploys when the ignition is turned on. 

Cant remember the colour of the 2 wires but will check tomorrow. Also you can take a permenant live from the pink wire feeding the dash display. Looking down on the 2 connectors from the top, Its the second wire in on the left connector 

David

The lock and unlock wires from your Auto module i am assuming are Blue and Green. Theu connect to Red and Yellow behind the kick plate in the driver side footwell

David

Thanks guys. Will try it this week and let you know how it went. 

When you take the kick panel off, you will see a cluster of connectors. It can be difficult getting to the 2 wires you require as they come through the side panel and plug onto the back of the sockets and are short. 

David

If you take the triangle shaped kick panel off to the right of your right foot in the drivers footwell. You will see blocks of connectors. If you have a feel about behind the blocks you will find the cable cluster coming throughthe body via the rubber gator. Among them is a red and yellow you can see in my photo's joined in parrallel to to the blue and green coming from your mirror module. To get easy acces to the cables, you can unplug the plug at the front of the block and remove the socket and bring it round the frame to the side where you can access the red and yellow wires to splice into

David

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is the connector clustor. Remove the plug then remove the socket from the frame and bring the socket arount so you can splice the Blue and Green wires frim your mirror module to the Red and Yellow wires. 

David

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Note the photo's have been turned sideways when uploaded. Rotate clockwise

David

Hi Dave, i finally managed to find both lock and unlock cables of the car. You were a life saver but if i can add something to your advice, there is no need to unplug the rear socket to reveal the red and yellow cables. If you just unplug the front connector you can connect the lock/blue cable to the aquamarine cable and the unlock/green cable to the blue one.

I'm attaching a photo for other guys to see what I'm talking about. On a final note thanks again Dave as i wouldn't been able to do this project without your help.

:) 

IMG_5902.JPG

Hi

yes sorry the photo's are from my first installation  and i use the workshop manual which showed it to be the Red and Yellow wires. Yes later i chose the continued wires through the socket to the plug which you show in your photo's. Just for info you can change the mirror switch with with a Lexus one and make an interface cable and connect the 2 extra pins to the  led next to it on the headlight height adjuster switch. Then you also have a illuminated mirror switch. 

David

• 11 months later...

Hi all,

Ran into problems, the cables behind the triangle kickboard as it was called look different on a left hand drive i think.

Where would my lock cable be and where can i find the wire that is always live?

Many thanks in advance!

Steef

Cables front view.jpg

Cables side view.jpg

Edited by stevenstefke
Solved see next post

An electronic savy friend came to the rescue.

Here is what we did:

Wires.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 2/7/2016 at 5:20 PM, evilc69 said:

Guys I've purchased an automatic mirror folding box but I'm stuck to where shall I connect the 3 remaining dangling wires. One is red and should be connected to the ACC Battery, the second one is blue and should be connected to the Door Lock cable and the last one is green and should be connected to the Door Unlock cable. 

Can an someone guide me to which cables should I connect from the car side? Pictures would be really appreciated. 

Thanks in advance guys 🙂

Hello,

i know this post is a bit old but any idea where you purchased the module from?

I have purchased two but don’t seem to fit.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I also want to know which module is the one to buy for the Yaris hybrid 2016. 

Also a dummies guide on how to fit it. TIA. 

The Yaris currently don't have electrical folding function, just standard by hand to fold. 

1 hour ago, 007matt said:

The Yaris currently don't have electrical folding function, just standard by hand to fold. 

You do realise that you will need to buy new mirrors (or at the very least motors) & a switch too to get them to fold electrically?

Yes I had gathered that. Weighting up cost and difficulty of task to whether it's something worth doing. 

• 1 year later...

Hi guys

Which cables did you connect orange and brown to? See my diagram, I connected to switch but was burning so. I stopped, thanks 

15926659586616828127755642765857.jpg

On 6/20/2020 at 4:13 PM, Dannyw13 said:

Hi guys

Which cables did you connect orange and brown to? See my diagram, I connected to switch but was burning so. I stopped, thanks 

15926659586616828127755642765857.jpg

When you cut the two wires from the switch, you connect the module in series. So the grey wire is the switch side and orange wire will be mirror side. White wire will be switch side, brown wire mirror side. The module I had needed the brown and orange wires to be swapped for the mirror fold button to work as intended.

• 1 month later...

Thanks a lot guys for all the info on this, I've decided to buy a module and install. But before i get cutting wires I want to make it a neat installation.

So far I have worked out using the previous posts and the wiring diagram above;

Yellow - Acc ON - ?

Grey - Switch OFF of Side Mirror - Behind the Mirror Switch

White - Switch ON of Side Mirror - Behind the Mirror Switch

Black - Ground - ?

Red - 12v - Pink wire running down from Dash Display

Green - Door Open Signal (Unlock) - Connect to Blue Wire behind the kick plate

Blue - Door Close Signal (Lock) - Connect to the Aquamarine cable behind the kick plate

Orange - Output for close Side Mirror - Behind the Mirror Switch

Brown - Output for Open Side Mirror - Behind the Mirror Switch

So My question is, where are you guys picking up the Ground and Acc ON cables from?

Thanks

Ground anywhere in on the body usually ground points are on the lower A pillars behind the kick panels

12v - as above or take it from the ignition but that needs to be fused or the stereo

Thanks Flash22, I was just wondering if there's a couple of cables in the loom by the footwell I can use instead of attaching to body or running a cable behind the radio.

Just wondering what everyone else is using.

Not off the top of my head, i would need to look at a wiring diagram

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links