Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auxiliary input

Wiggers

Hi, I'm new here, I have a 57 plate XT5 and I'd like to fit an auxiliary input to connect my phone (for music) ..... 

Is it possible?

any advice ??

thanks. 

Hello Tracey - welcome to Toyota Owners Club 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I don't know if your model is the same as mine. It may be different, but mine is a 4.2 (2003) vx model, it has a cassette player! And a hidden cd changer under the passenger seat. What I did to get my iPhone music onto the existing system was to buy a bluetooth cassette adapter. It works brilliantly! And I didn't have to rip the dash to bits to install an aftermarket unit as I don't think there is an aux input on the 4.2. The cassette adapter cost me about £30. 

I been bugged by another query regarding the cd changer socket at the rear of Toyota stereos, because there are only two types of sockets - the earlier larger 5+7 socket, and the later smaller 6+6 socket. Now the problem is that some stereo with the later socket show only 5+5 as two of the pins are missing! I looked closes at the sockets and realised that if you look at the socket with the missing pins, the space is larger where the missing pins would be located! Plus the two missing pins are not needed anyway as they are the "Mute" and "Batt" which you not need using an  USB/SD/AUX adapter.

Scroll down the attached link to see the pin out of the socket: - 

http://www.mp3car.com/car-audio/78577-pinout-for-toyota-cd-changers.html

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=35&cat=11&page=1

Look at the photo of the socket in the following link to an earlier post. Notice the missing pins in the socket:

Here is my link to adding a USB/SD/AUX/Bluetooth adapter, which works with most Toyota audio units: 

That means all adapters should work so long as they don't need mute and Battery, and the plug fits.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links