Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low mpg in town

Bp

I have a 2013 1.6 petrol auris and my driving is mainly town only. I am getting 26mpg . My previous car was a 2005 Avensis 1.8 petrol and I was getting 28mpg. Is the reduction due to the Auris having a lower emissions figure?

59 minutes ago, UK Republic said:

Mod edit - abusive behaviour

Come on now Chris, stop shilly-shallying around and tell us what you really think lol.  

Wow what a response haha.

All in all i wouldn't worry. If all you do is poodle around town.. i.e. start stop start stop you're going to get poor fuel economy no matter what! Especially in the 'cold' winter we're in at the moment. Do you drive enough for the engine to get to operating temperature or is it literally town driving like you said?

If 80% of your driving is in town you're probably better off with the 1.33 petrol engine..

What do you normally get on the motor way etc?

Post 2 has been subject to a moderator edit due to the abusive nature of the post, and member warned.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links