Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid head restraints

Syncopator

I've just acquired a 2015 Yaris.  The front head restraints do not allow any for/aft adjustment and I find them far to forwards.  I have to sit with my head slightly tilted forward.  I have attached a jubilee clip to each of its posts so that it is held much higher than otherwise would be possible.  This doesn't fix the problem but it makes a small, but insufficient, difference.  There should be a gap of 2 inches or so between one's head and the restraint. 

Does anyone know how this problem may be overcome? 

Next time in town I will visit the Toyota dealer and have a look at head restraints in other models in the hope that an adjustable one is available.

We had a similar issue with our last Hyundai. Presumably the reason why there is no fore/aft adjustment is that they are part of the SRS. 

We found that with careful adjustment of the backrest rake, the issue was resolved. Use of the jubilee clip could affect their operation in the event of a crash, especially if they are active head restraints.

The restraints aren't active.  Seat rake is adjusted for my maximum comfort.  I can't play around with that to accommodate the nasty restraints. 

Since the jubilee clips are not a satisfactory solution they'll be removed. 

OK. You asked for a possible solution, and I described how we resolved the same issue. As the head restraints don't provide fore and aft adjustment, the only thing one can adjust is the back rest.

If this isn't satisfactory, put up with it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links