Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need a new tyre...?

Exvec

I have a slow puncture (small nail),unfortunately the nail is positioned close to the tyre wall and i'm told that it's irreparable ,so ?does anyone have any recommendations as to what to buy and where from,i may be tempted to renew both rears depends on cost although the other tyre has some life left in it yet.

Tyres are imo somewhat personal choice, but my experience has been such that I will now only fit Michelin because they don't need rebalancing being the most accurately moulded (i fit Michelin to my bike too for the same reason), are quiet, much quieter than the other tyres I've had, especially the Pirellis(!), and they last. The Michelin energy savers I've had on the front have been there almost 25k miles now, and will be replaced this year. Having said all that I've never gone to the other end of the spectrum and fitted really budget tyres, so I can't offer any experience in those, perhaps someone else can.

• Like 1

As Duggerz says it's a personal choice depending upon what weighting you give to things like braking, handling, fuel economy, noise, wear etc. Usually an increase in 1 area means a corresponding loss in another area (e.g. high grip often goes with high wear & low wear  with low grip). & of course price comes into it although I personally believe in spending money on the only things that connect you to the road ... ;) I tend to go for Goodyear/Dunlop (same parent company) & Continental.

What size are you after?

• Like 1

Thanks for replys chaps,not sure what to fit this time,have heard that the Kumho's are decent for the price but never bought them myself,would like to fit Michelin but on a budget right now so will have to skip those,i suppose i could just renew one tyre but i'm a bit funny with driving round on differently branded tyres,will give a bit of thought.

What is it currently wearing and do they all match at the moment? If you've got the 16 inch wheels, the selection is cheap and plentiful,whereas 17s will add another £20 a corner. Goodyear efficient grip or Conti Premium contacts are good, as are the slightly more expensive Michelins. Check out this link to a recent 205 55 16 tyre test http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2015-European-Tyre-Test-205-55-R16.htm

• Like 1

HI there

We were just discussing this earlier, we need all 4 tyres replacing, close to legal, bought the car a month ago, and we are on a serious budget at the moment.

Been researching tyre brands, now if I am honest, we are on the opposite end of the scale, we tend to go budget in general, and we have never had any issues what so ever...touch wood...may be because we tend to drive with extra caution, never speed, nor take risks, but saying that we do our research in-depth before deciding on a tyre. The last set of tyres we bought were Wanli's for our Corolla, however recent we have read a lot about Rovelo RPX-988, currently on offer at National Tyres, the feedback online is excellent, rating at 90% plus, I rang several branches nationwide to see what they had to say, and they highly recommended them, so we might give them ago this weekend. Will keep you posted once fitted!

• Like 1

How about Uniroyal Rainsport3 or Hankook Ventus? They should be ~£90 fully fitted for 17" if you look around.

Mind you Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance are ~£99 fully fitted for 17".

• Like 1

I've just put Kumhos on the back of mine...16 inch wheels and cost me £106 and they're very quirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I find any saving made in buying soft budgets with any hint of grip about them is offset with them not lasting as long. You then go 3 rounds of paying the tyre fitter vs only twice if you buy something which is from a reputable brand which can wipe out the budget's initial saving; if you're talking the cheap and multitudinous 205 55 16, the difference in budget vs branded once fitting is included isn't much anyway. All the while, the car is nicer to drive in all conditions on decent tyres and your stopping distance is better for those unforeseeable emergency situations involving water/aquaplaning/ice/cornering/stupid other drivers. I know that a new front bumper is a lot more than the extra I pay on Bridgestones vs Ling Longs.

• Like 1

Hi, I agree with Duggerz, I usually go for Michellin and have them on my Mercedes (Sorry folks) but on my Rav 4.3.5 with 17" rims I asked Toyota for a quote for the standard fitment on some models of Yokohama Geolanders 91A's and was quoted £120 a corner. My local tyre shop said they could supply the same for £103 each, Toyota said they will match the price which includes free puncture repairs if repairable, if not they get a tyre sale of course. So all fitted up for £103 each from a Toyota main dealer, just pitch one against the other, saved me a few quid and I got a top make at budget price.

Mike.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2016 at 8:44 PM, revband said:

That link just says your basket is empty.

Heres a screen grab Dennis.Seems like a good price to me.56c78a2eda7fd_Captureoftyres.thumb.JPG.6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links