Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head unit/stereo change and temp/mpg

DeclanCorollaD-4D

Hi All, 

having changed the headunit in my 2003 corolla I've of course lost the mpg display and outside temp reading. Is there any kind of aftermarket solution for this? Maybe some sort of obd device that can be dash/ windscreen mounted?

I'm aware of its inaccuarcy but it still shows a sort of 'real-time' change based on the journey or driving style I choose...

I strangely miss those little displays

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Are you talking about a standard corolla or a verso ? did not know the outside temp sensor was connected to the radio ? does the inside temp still display correctly ?

The only practical mpg is to use the odo meter on the dash, fill the tank up to the brim and reset one or both meters to 0, and judge your mileage/use by that.

Find using that and the tank near empty warning lamp far better than the original radio mpg meter.

I know mine does at least 40 mpg, so simply no need to watch consumption on a daily /journey basis

Expect there is some phone App you could use but with no direct connection to th car, cannot see it being that accurate ...?

You could buy an OBD dongle and Torque phone app which will show you lots of data.....instant MPG, average for journey etc.