Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big hello to all

alphardkim

Hello to all , Starting my new Toyota journey with a 2006 2.4 Alphard Hybrid 7 seater..........will be looking for a few bits to bring her up to date ..like how to lose that old square fog light and a head unit that I can understand ..so I do not have a japanese woman telling me off...well I think thats what shes doing :blink:

Will be great to share links and sources with people who have probably been there done that ,but its all new to me so happy days Kim 

Hello Kim - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

The Alphard was never officially exported to Europe, so the ones in the UK are direct imports from Japan.

Thanks and Hi 

Alphard Hybrid

The full-size Alphard Hybrid MPV qualifies as an Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle (ULEV), achieving emission levels 75% lower than the Japanese government's year 2000 benchmark. The 2.4-litre gasoline engine has been developed specifically for use in Toyota'shybrid systems and features a high-expansion ratio cycle that raises efficiency and reduces friction.

The Alphard Hybrid uses "by-wire" technology that monitors brake pedal pressure and vehicle speed in order to calculate the optimum hydraulic pressure. By-wire works with the E-Four to maximize the collection of kinetic energy from braking for conversion into electric power.

The Alphard Hybrid can generate up to 1,500 watts and is equipped with standard 100-volt AC power outlets, allowing a wide range of appliances to be used, such as laptops and emergency lights. The electrical outlets can also be used to recharge items such as power-assisted bicycles and electric carts, adding a new dimension to leisure activities.

Fuel efficiency

The Alphard Hybrid achieves approximately 42 mpg and boasts an insulated body and newly developed two-way compressor that is incorporated in the motor to optimize the use of the air conditioner, conserving fuel. The Alphard Hybrid's specially developed windshield glass also reduces the amount of solar radiation penetration. In addition, the roof and roof panels contain an insulating material to reduce cabin temperature, which helps conserve energy when the air conditioner is operating

42 mpg if I get 35 I will be over the moon :smile:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi, I'm a bit late to the party here but have just got a 2003 Alphard Hybrid and would love to know what head unit you put in yours. Did you manage to keep cameras, hybrid info and maintenance bits?? 

Thanks

Ash

Welcome aboard, Kim.....Alphard and Estima imports are not that thick on the ground here (yet lol) so it's good to see another one.

Hope you enjoy it.

Welcome to the club Kim enjoy your Alphard they look a very nice vehicle but I still like the Estima.:rolleyes: