Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T27 standard radio W53828 to Touch & Go 59006 installation guide

alphamusic

On 10/14/2017 at 8:48 AM, alphamusic said:

Nice montage! I'm glad to hear I inspired you to do the project. :biggrin: I'm sure your video will help give people the confidence to install the stock reverse camera! 

Also for anyone wondering, aftermarket reverse cameras will also work with the 59006 head unit. 

this information can help. Toyota and subaru are using the same system.

http://ae64.com/Rear-camera-16-pin.htm

Hi @alphamusic

I made obd connections and speed sensor connections on the head display. unfortunately no 'trip' information appears.

the head display is obd and no other connection is specified for the speed sensor.

I have not made the firing connection of the head display stand idle. Could she be interested in her?

I connected the ignition cable. There was an interesting situation. Inactive tool settings menu opened but hollow. Also, there was a meaningless graphic in the trip information. It does not move. apparently our vehicle does not support the control unit.

PhotoGrid_1508609706873.jpg

PhotoGrid_1508609723013.jpg

PhotoGrid_1508609689740.jpg

PhotoGrid_1508609674371.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 22.08.2017 at 10:16 AM, alphamusic said:

hi @alphamusic how are you?

I have a question for you. we want to install the same head display on my friend's car. The camera for 'aftermarket' will be. these cameras work with 12v. How did you connect and what camera did you use? I am curious about the answer :)

On 22.08.2017 at 10:16 AM, alphamusic said:

• 8 months later...

Hi, i hope someone can help me, i am trying to change my W53848 head unit for a TNS510, when i connected all the plugs, i have one 8pin left with no socket on the TNS510. when i try to use the phone it says "no service available" and the steering wheel controls dont work for the phone.

I read here i can connect the 8pin with the 20pin connector than my phone will work and the steering wheel buttons too... But how ? I have other cable colors and pin Numbers my car is 

Auris Hybrid 2011

And my original Radio w53848

Can i use the factory microphone which is in my car ? Or i have to buy other microphone ?

• 7 months later...

i am trying to instal orginal kamera but i can not find wires  on left side, there is so much kabel, how can i know wich one are from camera

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2016 at 12:28 PM, kiers said:

Hi

Following the instructions of my colleague (alphamusic), I installed Touch & Go2 media from Toyota Yaris 2019 on Avensis 2009. I rearranged the cables of the 28-pin connector that landed with the media. Everything works from the steering wheel, USB and Bluetooth, I just could not find where to connect a rear camera (video signal + and -) and which pin is fed from reverse to turn on the camera, the car does not have a factory-installed camera. I also did not find which pins AUX is on. If you help some I will be very grateful.

p.s. i use google translator - excuse me

media.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried search with no luck, so can someone tell whats differences is between 59005 and 59006 radios? 

And does those navigation radios have better amplifier than original cd player? 

hello sorry to but in here i was wondering.i have a 2014 toyota avensis with the t27 headunit that came in the car with maps and 6 Speakers i have noticed the volume of it is not as loud as my last vw group car.i am wondering is there any way of getting more volume out of the headunit with connecting a amp to it and threw the car Speakers or do i have to upgrade the Speakers and well as putting in a amp if i want more volume of sound 

2 hours ago, 2009joe said:

hello sorry to but in here i was wondering.i have a 2014 toyota avensis with the t27 headunit that came in the car with maps and 6 speakers i have noticed the volume of it is not as loud as my last vw group car.i am wondering is there any way of getting more volume out of the headunit with connecting a amp to it and threw the car speakers or do i have to upgrade the speakers and well as putting in a amp if i want more volume of sound 

I've upgraded those 6 Speakers to my T27 and it gave lot better sound from the radio. I used Alpine S-S69C (front) and Alpine S-S65 (back). With those Speakers You have to "destroy" OEM speakers to use them as a adapter. This shows how big difference is between OEM speaker and Alpine: https://www.fanaticaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/avensis-t27-11.jpg

Here is diy instruction for the whole job (in finnish.. sorry about that but photo says more than 1000 word): https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

1 hour ago, JiiN said:

I've upgraded those 6 speakers to my T27 and it gave lot better sound from the radio. I used Alpine S-S69C (front) and Alpine S-S65 (back). With those speakers You have to "destroy" OEM speakers to use them as a adapter. This shows how big difference is between OEM speaker and Alpine: https://www.fanaticaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/avensis-t27-11.jpg

Here is diy instruction for the whole job (in finnish.. sorry about that but photo says more than 1000 word): https://www.fanaticaudio.com/posts/toyota-avensis-t27-kaiuttimien-vaihto/

thanks ever so much this is what i want to do i will be doing this .as tbh i cant believe toyota put in such crap Speakers into these cars.my last car a vw group car had great Speakers really class. quick question. with the difference in quality and power of these Speakers will i need a bigger amp to work with these speakers and wire it into the cars original head unit or is the headunit touch 2  ok the way it is to handle the speakers and wont damage  the head unit 

9 hours ago, 2009joe said:

thanks ever so much this is what i want to do i will be doing this .as tbh i cant believe toyota put in such crap speakers into these cars.my last car a vw group car had great speakers really class. quick question. with the difference in quality and power of these speakers will i need a bigger amp to work with these speakers and wire it into the cars original head unit or is the headunit touch 2  ok the way it is to handle the speakers and wont damage  the head unit 

Of course external amplifier give better sound, but original headunit works just fine with those Speakers. That DIY says also at end that "sound quality gets much better with this speaker upgrade with original radio, but it is possible to add a dsp amplifier wich gives LOT better sound". I'm having original radio and i am pretty happy with it. 

On 1/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, JiiN said:

I've tried search with no luck, so can someone tell whats differences is between 59005 and 59006 radios? 

And does those navigation radios have better amplifier than original cd player? 

59005 is 86140-05010, 11/2011 - 02/2014 for model grade E and SOL

59006 is 86140-05020, 11/2011 - 02-2014 for model grade G and SOL plus (Nickel finish)

These are the DA (display Audio) touchscreens for navigation and advanced features you have to add the GO or Go Plus sat nav module

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JiiN said:

Of course external amplifier give better sound, but original headunit works just fine with those speakers. That DIY says also at end that "sound quality gets much better with this speaker upgrade with original radio, but it is possible to add a dsp amplifier wich gives LOT better sound". I'm having original radio and i am pretty happy with it. 

thanks so much i have bought your Speakers you have said and sound proof pads to stick them to the doors plus the sponges as well .looking forward to better sound as the 2014 toyota avensis Speakers are really crappy .even worse than my last car and it was older.thank for your info.kina might see how things will go but if headunit sound is not as good i might get a amp im not sure yet ,i might just upgrade the Speakers and thats it lol

18 hours ago, JiiN said:

I've upgraded those 6 speakers to my T27 and it gave lot better sound from the radio. I used Alpine S-S69C (front) and Alpine S-S65 (back). With those speakers You have to "destroy" OEM speakers to use them as a adapter. This shows how big difference is between OEM speaker and Alpine: https://www.fanaticaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/avensis-t27-11.jpg

quick question if i was to put wire up a amp also what one would you recoment with those alpine Speakers and toyota touch 2 headunit please 

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

quick question if i was to put wire up a amp also what one would you recoment with those alpine speakers and toyota touch 2 headunit please 

I have no idea wich amplifier would be best to those Alpines. I'm using only original head unit with those and i've been satisfied with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

59005 is 86140-05010, 11/2011 - 02/2014 for model grade E and SOL

59006 is 86140-05020, 11/2011 - 02-2014 for model grade G and SOL plus (Nickel finish)

These are the DA (display Audio) touchscreens for navigation and advanced features you have to add the GO or Go Plus sat nav module

Thanks for the answer! So there is no other differences between 59005 and 59006 than 59006 support bigger amount of Speakers? If i decide to upgrade my head unit to touchscreen unit it would be better to get 59005 (i have only 6 speaker system)?

They are the same unit with the same specs, The 59006 has a different colour trim, The amplified 8/9 speaker systems use the front speaker level to feed the Amplifier

only difference between the 4 and the 6 Speakers systems are the Speakers (the fronts have a mid and tweeter each side rather than just 1 speaker in each door)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

They are the same unit with the same specs, The 59006 has a different colour trim, The amplified 8/9 speaker systems use the front speaker level to feed the Amplifier

only difference between the 4 and the 6 speakers systems are the speakers (the fronts have a mid and tweeter each side rather than just 1 speaker in each door)

Okay.. That information helps a lot! Thanks!

And another stupid question about upgrading a head unit (please dont shoot me for that): If i decide to upgrade my non-navi head unit w53828 to 95005, is it just plug-and-play type thing or does it need new wiring etc? Or should i say what it needs to be done and get everything working (without rearview camera)? I found one secondhand 95005 with navi unit pretty decent price and now i'm really thinking to try that upgrade.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:16 PM, JiiN said:

I have no idea wich amplifier would be best to those Alpines. I'm using only original head unit with those and i've been satisfied with it.

sorry to bother you again i was wondering how would i know what speaker wires are + and -  as im wondering as when wiring up my new Speakers to how would i know im wiring up them right i saw a you tube video where the guy used a 9v Battery to find out what is + and - i was thinking i could test this out on my original Speakers as i will have to cut them up to make the adaptors anyways . should i just check what wires is positive and negative the way the guy did on this video and connect my new Speakers up that way 

46 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

sorry to bother you again i was wondering how would i know what speaker wires are + and -  as im wondering as when wiring up my new speakers to how would i know im wiring up them right i saw a you tube video where the guy used a 9v battery to find out what is + and - i was thinking i could test this out on my original speakers as i will have to cut them up to make the adaptors anyways . should i just check what wires is positive and negative the way the guy did on this video and connect my new speakers up that way 

Front Speakers wiring:

Left side: pink is + and purple is - 

Right side: green is + and blue is - 

Rear Speakers wiring:

Left side: black is + and yellow is - 

Right side: red is + and white is - 

So these are the colors in my car. Hope You have same ones.

And You get best sound out of those Alpine tweeters in T27 if You use turned phase. Car + to external crossovers - etc. 

18 hours ago, JiiN said:

And another stupid question about upgrading a head unit (please dont shoot me for that): If i decide to upgrade my non-navi head unit w53828 to 95005, is it just plug-and-play type thing or does it need new wiring etc? Or should i say what it needs to be done and get everything working (without rearview camera)? I found one secondhand 95005 with navi unit pretty decent price and now i'm really thinking to try that upgrade.

Does anyone know? And now i looked properly my head unit and it is w53856, so the change would be w53856 -> 59005  

21 hours ago, JiiN said:

Front speakers wiring:

Left side: pink is + and purple is - 

Right side: green is + and blue is - 

Rear speakers wiring:

Left side: black is + and yellow is - 

Right side: red is + and white is - 

So these are the colors in my car. Hope You have same ones.

And You get best sound out of those Alpine tweeters in T27 if You use turned phase. Car + to external crossovers - etc. 

thanks ever so much but im not sure when u stay this (Alpine tweeters in T27 if You use turned phase. Car + to external crossovers - etc. )   im not sure what that means.the tweeters will go into my dash as in your how to but not sure what you mean  to turned phase car+ to external crossover-  etc.  not sure what that means do  i not wire up the tweeters to the same wires in the dash where they are going should the two original tweeters in the should have a + and - wires 

39 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

thanks ever so much but im not sure when u stay this (Alpine tweeters in T27 if You use turned phase. Car + to external crossovers - etc. )   im not sure what that means.the tweeters will go into my dash as in your how to but not sure what you mean  to turned phase car+ to external crossover-  etc.  not sure what that means do  i not wire up the tweeters to the same wires in the dash where they are going should the two original tweeters in the should have a + and - wires 

Quickly made paint "blueprint": izdsKz5.png

I tried both ways and it sound much better that way. I also asked this from a hifi store after trying and they said that they have to connect tweeter many times to get best sound out of it just like that awesome pic shows 😄