Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hi to all with battery power

alphardkim

Hello to all ,

Starting my new Toyota journey with a 2006 2.4 Alphard Hybrid 7 seater..........lived all its life here, brought over from new..will be looking for a few bits to bring her up to date ..like how to lose that old square fog light and a head unit that I can understand ..so I do not have a japanese woman telling me off...well I think thats what shes doing :blink: A mat set ,wind deflectors and other bits if anyone who has a source would be great.

Going through the process of getting the proof for the  DVLA to correct the V5C from a avensis(10 years wrong ) to a hybrid Alphard and then DVSA (VOSA) to change it from a Previa T2 ..it makes it fun to insure:blink:

Will be great to share links and sources with people who have probably been there done that ,but its all new to me so happy days Kim 

• 1 month later...

I done the whole lot thanks to all that helped 

Am I the only owner of a Alphard hybrid on TOC ???? 

43 minutes ago, alphardkim said:

Possibly.

As for mpg that will depend upon weather, where & how you drive. "Official" figures are set using standard tests under laboratory conditions & it's known that at least neither the EU or US tests are particularly representative of real world figures for most people.

Yep.... First tank top up worked out about 30 mpg but  80% was motorways and I do not hang around ..although the cruise has a max hold setting of 65 mph  (100kph) . I understand you get a better milage when there's a strong town mix  of driving ..I suppose thats why theres so many really high mileage vans on the auction sites ..taxi mileages 

Try 60 on motorway and 50 on A roads - makes a huge difference in my Yaris and adds maybe 5 minutes to a journey!

• Like 1

Crumbs..... that means dicing with lorrys :ohmy: I know what you mean though ,My Hiace used to like 60 any more and it drank like a greedy baby ....I suppose I will have to call it relaxed cruising :cool: and see on this next tank full  cheers kim

• Like 1

Yes, but if you see them approaching, speeding up slightly is enough to keep them behind, and the next hill usually gets rid of them! :D  I guess it also depends upon when you're driving. In heavy traffic, safety comes before economy.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2016 at 10:01 PM, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Yes, but if you see them approaching, speeding up slightly is enough to keep them behind.

If you are doing 60ish on the motorway, you can usually follow the lorries and reduce your mpg a bit more.

UPDATE been 7 weeks now still no V5C back from DVLA................there either doing some changes or are going to tell me never received it..because it was too much hard work ???

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have just bought a Alphard hybrid so you are not alone :biggrin:

• Like 1

Hi please feel free to drop me a line ....over a year of ownership now not a lot of mystery left ...new suspension ,lowered,tinted and the bluetooth up and running lol :cool: happy to share kim

alphard lowered 2 004.JPG

Cheers Kim, 

Think I have most of it sussed in the few days of ownership and mines a 2007 8 seater. 

Pleasant surprise today though when I put a UK DVD in the head unit and it worked, didn't expect that. 

bluetooth working, etc noise turned off so not too bad. 

Darren 

never tried will give it a go :)   If you have not found it yet font of most Knowledge is http://eightseaters.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=HU  he covers most things and if you like chatting

https://www.facebook.com/groups/alphardclub/     or one where you have to ask to join, www.facebook.com/groups/1169986173026609/  :biggrin: kim

Found the eightseater blog and read most of it, it has been the best info so far. This has a bit of info http://alphardlandjohor.blogspot.co.uk

I don't do Facebook.

The UK Alphard owners club doesn't seem to be very good http://www.toyotaalphardclub.co.uk only links to Facebook, maybe I should start a forum myself but I don't think there are enough people at the moment.

The Alphard doesn't feature on 'how many left', so there must be only a few in the country. Starting one's own forum, you'd be reliant on things like Facebook to attract members, etc. 

The Toyota Estima Owners Club is an established club, and has started to include Alphards (has a separate forum -  they share some mechanicals with the Estima). However, given the apparent small number of Alphards in the UK at present, options as regards forums are going to be limited.

Hi the Toyota Alphard club has 268 members , and the Toyota Alphard owners club has 842 members at present . I joined the estima owners club when I first got my Alphard but just as with other toyotas although we may share the same  Marque and perhaps the same 4 wheel drive of an estima or engine of a rav4 , the guys that belong to those groups have a separate interest to an Alphard owner. I have found by joining facebook and both the groups many helpful Alphard owners and have even had a stand last year at Japfest Castlecombe. The club just held a weekender on the Isle of wight...so onwards and upwards. 

I still have a look on here occasionally, but daily on the facebook Alphard groups....happy days Kim  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kim

I have seen you in those facebook groups myself :)

• 3 years later...

Hi

Any further feedback on what MPG owners are getting with the hybrid?

Also - how about getting servicing/spares?

• 4 months later...
On 3/18/2016 at 2:50 PM, alphardkim said:

No. I have just bought one to convert to a camper.  However my estimate mpg at the moment is only 33.34.  What does yours so?