Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi to all luxury MPV owners

alphardkim

Hello to all ,

Starting my new Toyota journey with a 2006 2.4 Alphard Hybrid 7 seater..........lived all its life here, brought over from new..will be looking for a few bits to bring her up to date ..like how to lose that old square fog light and a head unit that I can understand ..so I do not have a japanese woman telling me off...well I think thats what shes doing :blink: A mat set ,wind deflectors and other bits if anyone who has a source would be great.

Going through the process of getting the proof for the  DVLA to correct the V5C from a avensis(10 years wrong ) to a hybrid Alphard and then DVSA (VOSA) to change it from a Previa T2 ..it makes it fun to insure

Will be great to share links and sources with people who have probably been there done that ,but its all new to me so happy days Kim 

• Like 1

I know you have an Alphard but the Estima is the smaller version. I have recently imported one and have gone through the same questions - some resolved. Look on the TEOC forum.

Hope to see you there.

• Like 1

Thanks .............just bought 2 new keys 4 button ,now to find someone to cut the new blades :biggrin: really fancy a set of those wind deflectors everyone has but me......

Found today that my stereo does lots of things (in japanese) and this model is not in the english book  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F0UCM5Q?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 that I bought.....

Getting a service kit together ,not that easy but getting there .... will check out your posts thanks ,see you out there kim

Thanks paul, I have just sat here and copied and pasted for last 1 and a half hours correcting his spelling and grammar , not so bad for a malaysian chap and now printing dozens of sheets (shame I forgot to turn off the color and  turn on double sided printing :ohmy::ohmy:) to go and play with tomorrow....

This guy really was the font of all knowledge . This head unit has so many tricks ,if it could only do english...I am going to see if I can connect up to the 30 gig hard drive, and after I have wiped all the jap stuff... load in a copy of a UK gps map  ????:cool::cool:

For any other Alphard owners out there http://eightseaters.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/index-of-all-how-to-pages.html     Cheers kim

Great news.

You'll find some instructions I wrote on the TEOC forum on how to delete the albums.

ive connected mine up to my phone both to play music and to make calls via bluetooth and via AUX cable.

• Like 1

Hi Paul ,

Where did you feed the aux cable from ?

I have found just above the CD slot a data ? odd usb ? port ...any Idea what type of connection it is called, so I can go ebaying...........

I'm having a job to find the correct plugs for a Hybrid 2.4 2AZFXE  engine can find them for the 2.4 2AZFE no problem but after reading up on this engine developed for hybrid use ..I am going to phone a main stealer tomorrow and get the correct plug......They all seem to be 14mm thread and 19mm reach and about 20 heat grade Iridium needed ..lots of pennies.    All the best Kim:balloon:

Hi Kim,

your unit may differ slightly to mine. Please post a clear photo of the front.

try the TEOC forum - bound to be someone who knows about the plugs. There is also an Alphard Facebook page if you are interested.

paul

Forgot to ask - how come you haven't got a rear fog yet? Has it passed its IVA inspection?

Hi Paul...I don't know how it passed back in 2006...Has a old fashioned square fog hanging underneath ,they now wire them into the rear lights, don't even know it works ..As the van was delivered to me it was only today I noticed it is still in KM and that means it's done 53,000 miles as it's always been here in the UK and never changed ..checked its mot history on DVLA all checks out. I am sure to pass the IVA the speedo had to be changed ? well perhaps it didn't back then . Still it's a pain as there is no dial conversion have a  electric blue thing....means some chalk marker pen (used liquid paper last time) or a £80 gps speed reader stuck on the windscreen.

will post to you on TEOC going there now Cheers Kim

Hi Kim,

your unit may differ slightly to mine. Please post a clear photo of the front.

try the TEOC forum - bound to be someone who knows about the plugs. There is also an Alphard Facebook page if you are interested.

it may be that your speedo has a microchip meaning the needle is being limited in movement by the chip in order for it to read in mph.

i wouldn't bother getting a speed reader - just buy a phone mount and get a GPS app (often free). This will have mph on it as well as being a useful tool until we figure out how to convert the Toyota head unit!

Couldn't see you on the TEOC forum!

paul

Hi paul see new members welcome section or your conversations on profile section ...same name alphardkim  anyway...here we go with some pictures..will post some more 

julias phone feb2016 512.jpg

julias_phone_feb2016_511.jpg

julias phone feb2016 507.jpg

julias phone feb2016 514.jpg

Some more pictures , dont know whats broken pic 3 next to the 100 volt output socket (must remember not to put my fingers in there!) I will try to get a better picture than number 4.

Lots of toys to learn how to use like lane departure and that symbol under tune track ///////// 

I think the play once cd memory is great !!! never have to carry the same CDs in the van once the 30 gig hard drive has automatically recorded it 

cheers kim

julias phone feb2016 515.jpg

julias phone feb2016 518.jpg

julias phone feb2016 517.jpg

julias phone feb2016 513.jpg

better picture The stereo is called a toyota 56064 unit ....

56064.jpg

Hi, I found you on TEOC.

looks like your radio unit differs to mine somewhat. Probably same software though.

i don't think the switch next to 100 AC is broken. I think it's a socket with a curved shape! It's obviously an add on as Toyota wouldn't make a switch or socket protruding like that. Can you look inside it and take a close-up to examine inside?

paul

• Like 1

Paul I will borrow my wife's phone and take a picture tomorrow ....my phone flips open and makes calls with a round dial it's that so old I think it takes 2d pieces and has a A and B button (you have to be of a certain age ) any way see you over there Kim

Here's a picture of the socket I think it was fitted for some kind of accessory ...... ??

Well I have bitten the bullet and ordered a new phone so I can join in and get that speed apt and a sat nav apt ?  cheers kim

IMG-20160221-WA0004.jpg

Well, I've not seen one of those before. I would be inclined to take a reading using a multimeter set to 12 volts.

which phone have you ordered? I'm investigating getting mine to display its image on the vehicle's head unit. I'll post the results on TEOC. I have an iPhone.

paul

Hi Paul Have purchased a LG G3 with 4G ability ,as I have never owned a smartphone before I have no previous learning to get over ..so this is a fresh learn . Just upping my payg Sim to a 30 day rollover bundle to include a couple of gb data , it's a £10 a month but I can get over that, lol 

I have printed out all the instructions for instant bluetooth recognition with the head unit using the fitted mike , use of hands free and phonebook built into the toyota 56064 head unit . As you suggested I will have to find a acceleration apt to get a readout for my speed to be on display. And my tomtom can stay in the glovebox perhaps. cheers kim    

Hi, on my iPhone I use Navmii. It's simple, intuitive and free. It is upgradable to remove ads etc but it even has a heads up display built into it.

hello Paul , Looks like it's available on google play .....phones not here till end of next week so plenty of time to look , thanks for that ,Kim