Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

White/blue Smoke

GrahamJH

Hello Guys,

I know this has been on here before but, my t180 07 plate now seems to smoke everyday since the colder conditions have arrived. It always starts when the engine temp is reading approx. 1/4 to 1/2 way on the gauge. I have seen in the past that there have been several questions regarding this subject. My car did have a new engine fitted by Mr T just over 40,000 mls ago. As far as I'm aware it has had ecu upgrades as per stickers under the bonnet. It has been doing this even after the engine replacement. I have always done the egr and pipe clean now and then just like most others on here. What else can be causing the heavy smoking for a few mins and then just stops! It is quite embarrassing and it smells horrible when it does it.....

:smile:

Any warning lights?

I am assuming its a diesel as you have EGR (unusual to have EGR on Petrol)?

Regards,

Waqar

Does the sticker give a software version as there is a bulletin regarding smoke from the exhaust  EG-0004T-0110-EN which involves inspections of:

5th injector feedback values

Intake system air leaks

MAF values

EGR cleanliness ( including water/air cooler on back of engine )

Exhaust gas leaks

The white smoke is most likely due to failed DPNR regenerations, If any of the above are at fault then they need repairing then the ECU updated with a minimum software value after this if the fault persists a new DPNR is required.

Hello Lee,

The sticker under the bonnet says it has had a ecu reprogram 305B3000 on 21/02/12, dealer code 6812. Does this mean anything to you?

Thank you

Graham.:smile:

13 hours ago, GrahamJH said:

Hello Lee,

The sticker under the bonnet says it has had a ecu reprogram 305B3000 on 21/02/12, dealer code 6812. Does this mean anything to you?

Thank you

Graham.:smile:

Your software version is higher than that mentioned in the bulletin, this would suggest a fault with one of the items previously mentioned as the software is no longer a possible cause.

Generally white smoke is due to water and blue smoke is due to oil. Could be turbo related.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links