Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

undertray(s)

cooper12000

Hi all as part of my ongoing saga with this money pit I now need a new undertray (offside and the middle part).  My local dealers have quoted me over 300 quid inc vat and clips.  I have looked on eBay briefly and the only person I can find selling them is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Avensis-03-08-Diesel-2-0-2-2-UNDER-ENGINE-COVER-set-new-HDPE-CLIPS/201338457480?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35308%26meid%3Db48eb364e71a4ddfa9ddabc7806d1709%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D201338454411 although he says uk in his name he is in Poland. 

has anyone had any dealings with him.  because I don't wont to fork out 80 quid and then not be any better off.  I have considered making something out of sheet but don't really have the tools needed for cutting and bending metal properly.

any suggestions/opinions welcome

Coop

It probably won't be oem but 3rd party pattern parts - seems to be a lot of plastics moulding comes out of Poland. He has 100% feedback though.

Why don't you try breakers like Northwest car parts: http://www.northwestcarparts.co.uk/car-parts-finder-results?field_make_value=TOYOTA&field_model_select_tid=1235

It should be cheaper and if the trays are removed carefully with most of the clips, then at least you are getting the genuine article. 

Looking at the site and the item, it looks reasonable quality. It is only an under tray, not a mechanic component, what could go wrong? 

Pay via PayPal  

Hi thanks for the responses  As Konrad says its only an under-tray however reading the small print if I don't receive it I have to wait 3 weeks b4 they will do anything.  also if it is returned to them.  they will charge me 20% restocking fee and postage back to me.  Having had dealings with international shippers I have yet to find one that is any good. numerous times I have had items returned to me saying the address is incorrect yet are able to find to find it quickly and efficiently the second time with exactly the same address on it.

coop

Last time my car was tested the tester said he could not access various area to visually inspect steering etc  and gave me advisories over this.

10 hours ago, sproutdreamer said:

Last time my car was tested the tester said he could not access various area to visually inspect steering etc  and gave me advisories over this.

Don't worry about the lack of access stated in MOT advisory notices. I think of it as a form of protection, since the tester cannot remove covers to check to view and components. Not all testers note an advisory due to lack of access.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links