Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota/Lexus CD changer socket

Konrad C

As most of you know there has only been two CD changer sockets at the rear of Lexus/Toyota heads units. Both are 12 pin the older larger 5+7 pin, and the later smaller 6+6 pin version:

Toyota-connector.jpg.90934c1dc6b22e73ee9

These sockets are used nowadays for USB/Bluetooth/SD/AUX adapters from various companies like Connects2, Grom, Xcarlink, Yatour, Dension, etc.

The one issue I have noticed, is that a couple of posts have stated that the CD changer socket the rear has on 10 pins (5+5), instead of the usual 12 (6+6) pins.

I have seen a few images of these sockets and realise that two of the pins have been removed. I found a photo of the pin outs:

Toyota_new_short.GIF.7f86b9fae89def6d3e4

I found posts which show the rear of  a B9004 head unit which only has 10 pins, but if you look carefully, the gap is wider where the missing pins would have been located:

Look at the image of Smiler AS post - seventh post. 

Also  a 2010 Avensis head unit with the same issue:

I am sure that the sockets are the same minus the "mute" and "Batt" pins. Clearer photos of the sockets at the rear of heads units, will confirm my findings that any adapter should be compatible.

More input will on this subject will be welcome, because some people are not sure if they can buy USB adapters.

• 10 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, plw4 said:

RAV4`s B9004 head unit will work with XCARLink usb-sd evo.

According to this french forum http://www.rav4team.com/viewtopic.php?p=105107#p105107

dsc0014.jpg

dsc0020.jpg

dsc0021.jpg

dsc0022.jpg

That's good to know. I use similar as per my "how to" post - 

Also using a Y cable means existing CD changers can still be used.

On my old verso, I needed the y cable to get the steering wheel controls to work :wink: