Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti Roll bar bushes front and rear

richteex

Hello all,

Getting a creaking noise when going over speed bumps... nothing major but thought i might try and sniff out the issue.  Was going to to replace the front drop links and antiroll bar bushes on the front.

Has anyone done the front ARB bushes and how tricky are they to get to.  Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers R

t25 d4d 2.2d 2007

I changed Waqar old Mk1 anti roll bar bushes a while back, and access is not bad with the right spanners. I have ratchet ring spanners and some with swivel head. 

Not sure how different the Mk2 is to the Mk1, but going by my Mk3, there is under body panels that may need to be removed for better access. 

• Like 1

I remember that Konrad. In the end, I think we both concurred that It wasnt needed :). In light of that, I would urge OP to definitely find out what needs doing as opposed to having a go for the sake of having it and replacing parts that needn't be replaced.

• Like 1

The ball joint type drop links can be checked by tugging them while the car is grounded - if they are worn you can feel that bit of movement - if it's there it's unmistakeable.

Try spraying something that does not attack the rubber bushes. If noise ceases, then you have found your problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links