Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris SR180 broken down

swanseaguy

Hey guys,

Absolutely gutted this morning.

I over took a lorry (safely) and next thing as I come up to the roundabout and dropped a gear and accelerated off the roundabout I could hear as what I can only describe as a sound of a broken off bolt flying around inside my engine....after 3000rpm the noise would go.

At a stand still then, the revs were dropping and rising and then again as I accelerated that noise would come back and go as I went higher through the revs.

Once I arrived in work and shut off the engine, I came back to it in about 15mins but this time the car would not start....tried bump starting it but nothing.

Left the car for a couple of hours and came back to it to see if I could get it to start, which it did after some persuasion but the car is just making a knocking noise and doing its best to stay on.

Anybody got any idea what this could be as I'm stuck without a car now and I just haven't got a clue what has happened.

No engine lights are on or anything,

Absolutely gutted as I love this car but this really does sound and look like the end!

Just been told by one of the boys that his mate (who's a mechanic for Mazda) reckons its the timing chain that's gone. Sent a video to him showing the Revs and the noise of the engine...I'll try and upload the video onto here. 

Timing chain failure is almost unheard of can you post the video clip on here?

Difficult to say but first thing that came to mind was a failed dual mass flywheel 

26 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Difficult to say but first thing that came to mind was a failed dual mass flywheel 

If that is the case, is that a big job?

Just been told by the garage that they reckon its something to do with the fuel and most probably a blocked fuel injector.

22 hours ago, swanseaguy said:

If that is the case, is that a big job?

yes, expect £1000+ to replace clutch & flywheel

15 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

yes, expect £1000+ to replace clutch & flywheel

I don't think it's that.....think it's something to do with the fuel injectors...find out today for definite hopefully.

So found out the problem with the car and the moral of this story is the put the correct fuel in your car :bangin:

1 hour ago, swanseaguy said:

So found out the problem with the car and the moral of this story is the put the correct fuel in your car :bangin:

So ........ was it a mis-fuel?...

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

So ........ was it a mis-fuel?...

yip :iim: < (me)

19 minutes ago, swanseaguy said:

yip :iim: < (me)

Easy to do though. One only needs to be distracted by something for a few seconds whilst selecting which pump to use and its done.

Yeah very true. I feel lucky though as it could have been a lot worse, but stupidity has now cost me £180 to sort out (Which I don't think is to bad considering there was over half a tank in there and drove around for the weekend before it cut out.)

you also don't know what damage has been done - possibly fuel pump from metal to metal contact as petrol doesn't have the lubricity of diesel.

Jumping on with what Heidfirst said..

The high pressure fuel pump could be damaged by the non lubricating properties of petrol. Probably best to take it off and check it over. Same goes for the common rail and the fuel lines leading to the injectors.. Just as a precaution. Don't want a tiny metal flake going into one of those injectors!