Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service and prius hybrid health check

JD

Hi i recently booked my prius for a 120,000 mile service which i have been informed is a full+ so the price is £279 but the dealer says that the air filter needs replacing too at additional charge of £25+VAT but shouldnt it be included in the full+ service price anyway?

According to the Toyota website the air filter is an inspection item on the Full+ service and replacement is model dependent - https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json#/ajax/%2Fcaring-for-your-toyota%2Fservice-and-maintenance%2Ffullplus-service-details.json

Query it with the dealer.

Moved to Toyota Prius/Hybrid club

It is inspected and replaced if needed.

Much better to go to Europarts and get a Bosch one for about £10, about the same for the pollen filter, which on my last visit Toyota wanted about £38. Both jobs take 4 minutes to do.

• Like 1

After spending £279 for a full+ service u would expect the air filter to be included in that price but they still want extra for it

3 hours ago, JD said:

After spending £279 for a full+ service u would expect the air filter to be included in that price but they still want extra for it

Not really no, otherwise instead of £279 it'll be £300+, why be billed for something if it might not need changing??

I had the same at my gen3 120K service.  MrT said it was because at 120K you either had a 60K service or a 40K service.  The 60K one includes the spark plugs change.  The 40K one includes the cabin air filter change.  There isn't a menu service that does both.  Typically, MrT will give you the 60K service (at 120K) then offer you the option to pay for a cabin air filter.