Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 model front cup holders

Ayrton5

The cup holders in the front of my Rav4 are huge - bigger than any cup or bottle I have ever transported. As a consequence my travel mug rolls around whilst I am on the move. The little spring hinge in there doesn't have enough tension in it to hold anything steady.

Did the Rav4 come with any inserts for those holes, that are missing on my car, that did a better job? Or does anyone have any after market solution for this problem?

Off the top of my head I would probably try a thin rubber layer or two maybe (bike inner tube?) stuck around inside with double sided tape although there are inserts on eBay

Just a thought

Del

Yes there was an insert supplied with European Rav part numbers:

55618-42040 for 2 inserts

55618-42010 for 1 insert.

On 25 February 2016 at 7:10 AM, Ayrton5 said:

The cup holders in the front of my Rav4 are huge - bigger than any cup or bottle I have ever transported. As a consequence my travel mug rolls around whilst I am on the move. The little spring hinge in there doesn't have enough tension in it to hold anything steady.

Did the Rav4 come with any inserts for those holes, that are missing on my car, that did a better job? Or does anyone have any after market solution for this problem?

Maybe I am missing something here, but on the 2002 model, I just drop my cup in and behind it you will see 2x serrated lips ( 1 for each cup) they slide out and fit snugly around any size of cup, mind you I had the car for 6 months before I discovered these,😃😃

No serrated lips on a 2006. And the parts numbers given previously, according to partsking, are for the later model, So no joy :( I'm going to have to make my own, which aren't going to look great, but I need them.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2016 at 3:35 PM, Gower Boy said:

Maybe I am missing something here, but on the 2002 model, I just drop my cup in and behind it you will see 2x serrated lips ( 1 for each cup) they slide out and fit snugly around any size of cup, mind you I had the car for 6 months before I discovered these,😃😃

I am assuming your 2006 Rav is the later 4.3 Rav not the earlier 4.2 model? if you have the 4.3 then the part numbers i gave will fit, when launched it was quickly noted that the cup holders where too big for European tastes and an insert designed and a pair fitted as standard from 2007 on reduced to a single insert from 2011 till end of production.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links