Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Buy It?

stgeorge

Guys - after all the great advice on my last post, should I blow 5.2 k on a 1996 T-Bar, 10th anniversary edition? 2 owners, 70k and FSH..... help......

Hi m8, could knock him down a bit, ive managed a 1996 N plate Tbar with 70k for 4.5k although its not the 10th anniversary edition B)

Regards

HP

That's a lot of wedge .. for that is almost quality Rev3 Turbo area ..

That's a lot of wedge .. for that is almost quality Rev3 Turbo area ..

what do you mean ALMOST! :huh: :P

Right - didnt go and see it in the end, there was just too much that didnt add up.....

1. The guy kept insisting he wasnt a trader but he took the car in p/x for a boat (possible I spose?) and was willing to take something in P/X for it, just sounded odd!

2. He wasnt the registered keeper on the V5 (see 1)

3. When I asked for his address - he told me to call him when I got to a certain junction on the motorway and he would give me directions as this was easier (even though I have Sat Nav ;) )

4. When I told him I would be having an AA inspection he got cagey, told me he couldnt hang around for one as was going away for the weekend.

5. When we spoke on the phone he dropped from 5650 to 5200 - I arranged to go and see it, he then called me back an hour later and said he would take 5.1k without any prompting fro me - seemed very keen to get rid of it.

6. He then called me back saying that he didnt mind an AA inspection as long as it was in the am - but that I wouldnt need it as the car was so perfect.

Basically I am keen to get a car and fealt that if I went to see it heart would rule head and I might buy it....... everyone keeps telling me that if it doesnt feel right then walk away, it didnt, so I did........... hope it wasnt a mistake!!!

So, talking to Rash and a couple of other people on here to source one instead!

Thanks for the thoughts guys......

I said "Quality" .. :P

lol

stgeorge: go w. ur gut instinct m8, i didnt and i lost out on abotu 500 quid :(

There's plenty more fish in the sea, as they say ;)

-Z

Glad to hear it Bibbs - maybe I should mention it to some of the sellers I have spoken to in the last week or so!!

you'll probably be speaking to them in a months time with the cars at 75% the price ..

Just get out and drive as many of them as you can .. you'll then be able to spot a good one easier ..

I !Removed! wish it was a selers market "Wait til summer" they said.... "A T-bar will go easily in summer" they said....

As soon as mine's out the garage (today) I'm trying to sell...