Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Auris HSD: queries on cruise control, heater operation, fuel reserve, mileage after resetting average consumption?

Italianoleone

Recently bought 2013 Auris HSD. I have a few questions for the more experienced owners.

1. When I resume cruise control, car accelerates "wildly" to previously set speed. The needle sits deeply in the POWER band and it breaks my heart (wallet) when it does that. Could a Toyota garage adjust acceleration when resuming to be more gentle?

2. If I set hot air to blow down on my legs, side vents on the dashboard continue to blow hot air. Middle two stop blowing air but the side vents don't. Is this normal? It's quite annoying as hot air is shooting up towards the head and it gets uncomfortably warm up there.

3. How much fuel is left when cruising range displays "0 miles"? I filled up my tank when cruising range was 0 and I could only fill 35 litres. Manual states the fuel tank is 45 litres. Is it possible that there's still about 10 litres of fuel left when car reports 0 miles cruising range?

4. I sometimes reset average consumption info. Is there a way to find out how many miles have I done since the last reset?

5. Current Eco consumption figures reset every time the engine is turned off. Is this normal behaviour? Some of my other cars would reset this info after a few stationary hours. It is quite annoying for example when I stop to fill the fuel in the middle of my trip and this info is reset to zero.

6. Trip A and B odometers. Is there any other use or implication of this data other then seeing how many miles have you done since resetting both trip computer data? I find them pretty useless.

Many thanks!

Having two trip meters is common to quite a few cars, not just the Auris. Our last few cars (Nissan, Mazda, Toyota and Hyundai) have all had two trip meters. They can be useful if one wishes to record a journey and additionally a part of that journey, or wish to record your mileage from the last refuelling and a particular journey, etc.  But ultimately it depends whether you may have a reason to do something like this, as to whether you find two trip meters useful.

• Like 1

As regards determining how many miles one has done since resetting the average consumption, obviously one of trip meters could be used for this.

FYI - there is a dedicated "hybrid" forum, including the Auris HSD

1. Yes, it will accelerate - being in "eco" mode should, in theory, reduce the "wildly" effect, but it seems to be marginal

2. I've never mastered the heating/ventilation system - find it difficult to get cooler air to upper body, and heating to lower (something Ford did in the '60s)

3. Checking my fuel records, the biggest fill-up in four years is 38 litres - as running dry is bad news with an HSD, Toyota is very conservative

4, 5 & 6. They got worse in the mark 2 Auris - now pretty useless - classic case of Hutber's Law - "improvement is deterioration"

1 hour ago, cuius said:

FYI - there is a dedicated "hybrid" forum, including the Auris HSD

Either club is appropriate - members with hybrids are welcome to post in the Auris, Yaris, Rav4', or Toyota Prius/hybrid club as is their preference.

Has anybody been able to increase the number of times the blinkers blink from three to five?

I have... Available options are 3, 5, 7. Read my post, regarding reverse beep - same OBDII adapter, same application, just another submenu. :happy: When buying an ELM OBD, go for the v. 1.5, not the 2.1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎29‎. ‎02‎. ‎2016 at 11:14 PM, Auris 1.6 vvt-i said:

I have... Available options are 3, 5, 7. Read my post, regarding reverse beep - same OBDII adapter, same application, just another submenu. :happy: When buying an ELM OBD, go for the v. 1.5, not the 2.1

Nifty solution. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to fiddle with it.

Why won't a dealer do it for me? I've been to one here in Italy and they said it can't be done. They truly don't know how to do it or won't do it?

Can you give me some instructions and I'll print them and bring it over to the garage?