Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare wheel for 2008 T180

Ogster

Chaps

Having now fitted decent tyres instead of the horrible run flats on the T180, I now require a spare - rim at least. Not a big fan of cans of gloop.

Existing is I believe has PCD 5 x 114.3, 7.5J x 18, offset of 45??? , but they are thin on the ground. Therefore has anyone any idea what 18 inch alternatives would suffice please?

Seems to be a few different makes and models - ie Lexus - which would meet the criteria apart from the offset....50 on a few of these. Would this exclude consideration?

Thoughts appreciated.

Heid

Many thanks for all that, very much appreciated. Yes, space saver considered, Saw one on fleabay, since sold. Again a bit thin on the ground, and a tad pricey IIRC.

Found a Lexus spacesaver which may suit...However this and RAV4 spacesavers have a raised lip - for want of better words - around the holes for the studs. The full size wheels have a flat face to accomodate the flat face of the nuts. Is this an issue? 

Should be OK for emergency use & under 50mph. 

One thing to check if buying s/h is how old the actual tyre on the rim is - they should be replaced @ ~7 years.

Thanks again mate.....spacesaver from a 2010 vehicle. Hopefully it will fit under the flat floor of the boot.  

So potentially only ~1 year before tyre due replacement ...

do you get a carrier (thing that screws the spare to the floor) with it? Don't know that RAVs even have one (didn't the spare use to mount externally?) but e.g. the one for an Avensis is ~£3 from Toyota new - cheaper than many scrappies etc. try to sell them for s/h :tongue:

On 2/29/2016 at 1:39 PM, Ogster said:

Found a Lexus spacesaver which may suit...However this and RAV4 spacesavers have a raised lip - for want of better words - around the holes for the studs. The full size wheels have a flat face to accomodate the flat face of the nuts. Is this an issue? 

I agree with Heidfirst that your wheel nuts should be ok for emergency use and at slow speeds, but...

The raised lip forms a conical shape around the hole, and the wheel nuts should have a matching conical washer attached to them, such that when the nuts are tightened the wheel centralises itself.

The flat surface wheels should have flat nuts with a centralised flat washer which 'goes through the hole' to centralise it.

See these links (I don't know if these nuts would fit your particular wheels, this is just to illustrate tapered/flat)...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-x-TAPERED-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-FOR-TOYOTA-YARIS-VERSO-LUG-BOLTS-1V-/230919197970?fits=Car+Make%3AToyota&hash=item35c3db5512:m:mQEwRzdtcIR6BVV2tzIiu1Q

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-Genuine-Toyota-Lexus-Wheel-Nuts-/252301387152?hash=item3abe55a590:g:hGgAAOSwoydWmYOD

Aha....Certainly the existing wheel nuts are flat faced and go through the hole. Are we saying that I definitely require nuts with the conical profile for the spacesaver or will the existing ones suffice for emergency use? It does seem odd that the profile is different, considering the genuine RAV4 spacesaver appears to have the same lip, and thus, ideally perhaps, requires different nuts than existing to ensure correct fitment.     

Personally I'd fit the wheel and check how well the nuts hold.  Assuming they seem ok I'd use them but I'd bear in mind they're the wrong nuts when driving with the spare on. If in doubt get the correct ones.