Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Latest version of mapping for Prius Sat Nav

BigAl1951

Hi

I'm trying to update my Sat Nav to the latest mapping. As with all things related to the Sat Nav it is very confusing. I have a prius T Spirit (2013) with Touch & Go Plus. Software version from settings is 2.9.4H. eStore says this is an invalid number?? I'm supposed to have updates until the car is 3 years old so what is going on? Map ID is EUH20131022.

As I said all things related to the Sat Nav are very confusing. Firstly - it often gives totally incorrect instructions eg. turn left and when you do, recalculating route, turn around as soon as possible. Why not just say turn right. Secondly, what the hell is turn half left supposed to mean. Often it appears to mean continue on the road you are on (in which case why issue the instruction at all), but sometimes it means turn left. Thirdly, although I have downloaded the pdf which is supposed to be for my car (entered the reg number) the instructions don't seem to relate to what I see on the Sat Nav screen. Why oh why can't we have a print version??

Sorry to rant on but the Sat Nav really does frustrate me. In almost all other respects the car is great. Done 12,000 miles now and my mpg over that distance is 59.5. The car is easy to drive, carries everything I've ever need it to with ease. Apart from some annoying rattles at low speed I can't fault it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/tips.

I long ago gave up on the Prius satnav and bought myself a TomTom with lifelong map updates, lifelong safety camera data and the capability to notify local changes in speed limits, camera positions etc.

In consequence I have maps that are very up-to-date and I receive almost daily, updates of mapping data, that load easily and quickly.

I would love a built in satnav that works, but the aftermarket devices have left the Prius stuff so far behind that there is just no point in staying with it.

afaik the latest maps for T&G Plus is EUH20150630 (actually overdue a later update if the 2 per year, i.e. what most people would assume meant 6 monthly were ever stuck to). 

Yes, T&G has it's issues - I found the TNS700 in my older Avensis more usable albeit the graphic presentation was more limited & it had fewer features.

You don't get a paper manual anymore as standard to save paper & hence trees. Have you tried asking your dealer or Toyota UK if one is available (possibly at a small cost)?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links