Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina II windscreen wipers are screwed on?

SodiumLights

It's time to swap the Wiper Blades out on my '91 Carina 2, and I've realised that the sprung blade is screwed onto the wiper arms. Has someone before me bodged the wrong wipers on, or was this really how they were fitted?

Take some photos, preferably in close-up mode and from various angles. Not quite following what you have described.

Normally when I change wipers on any car, I only need to change the complete blade as shown:

20160306_085421.jpg.a96602e2923e7241cd26

The blade comes with universal fitting adaptors, to fit most arm designs. 

The arms themselves are normally on spindles and secures with a nut. Some other makes of cars used a hinge system, where the arm is lifted to release from spindle, but again the blade can be changed.

Once you post these pictures, you will get an answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found the answer - apparently Japanese wiper arms used to have a flat end with two screw holes, and the wiper assembly screwed to the arm instead of clipping on.

And a guy on eBay is selling adaptors to turn them in to hook ends - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131439292514

• 4 months later...

My Carina ll has had these 'mod brackets' fitted... Got boggo Bosch clip-on blades.

TS

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links